Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is just crazy.....

Okay, I know it's too early to do a Gambling Addiction Enabler on Strikeforce's "Fedor vs. Werdum" show (June 26, San Jose), but I just had to pass along the squashtastic betting lines that have been released for the top four fights on the card. Check it out:

- Fedor Emelianenko -1000 vs. Fabricio Werdum +500
- Cristiane Santos -2500 vs. Jan Finney +1000
- Cung Le -400 vs. Scott Smith +275
- KJ Noons -500 vs. Charles Bennett +360

Let me try to put this in perspective. According to BetUs.com, if you place a $100 parlay bet on all four of the underdogs listed above, and they all somehow manage to win their fights, you would walk away with a profit of $89,150. A more modest $20 parlay bet would net you $17,830.

The weird thing is, the parlay is only ridiculous because Jan Finney is going to get straight blasted by Cris Cyborg. (I know, I know, there are no guarantees in MMA, but come on, that's a guarantee.) Werdum has a grappler's chance as soon as the fight hits the ground — he's the reigning ADCC heavyweight champ, don't forget — and whoever decided Scott Smith and "Kid Kaos" Bennett should be heavy underdogs against Cung Le and KJ Noons must have forgotten that both of those fights are rematches of fights that Smith and Bennett won by knockout. Legitimate WTF. Cung Le is still a 4-1 favorite after getting starched by Smith in December? The **** outta here.

So let's be serious. Twenty bucks on a successful Werdum/Smith/Bennett parlay, hypothetically speaking, would earn you $1,765. In other words, you sacrifice one lap-dance now for the chance to go hog-wild in the Champagne Room later. Think about it.
http://www.cagepotato.com/fedor-vs-werdum-advance-betting-lines-wanna-make-89150-hard-way

I get that some people might be over matched but jesus christ.....

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be lying if I said I'm not betting the underdogs if the line stays the way it is. Probably not a grand (My usual bet on underdogs), but at least $400 or $500, it's worth a shot haha.

Then I'll put huge amounts down on Fedor and Cyborg too haha that way if they win I don't lose my $500 and if they don't I'll be happy anyway because the long shots made me a small fortune.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After he beat Shamrock for the title he "retired" and his first fight back was against Smith.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How the hell do odds work for betting anyways? I have no clue how any of this stuff works lol
A plus value is the amount you would win with a $100 bet, so if it was say +115 and you bet $100, you would earn your $100 plus the plus value, so $215.

A minus value is the amount you need to bet in order to make a $100 profit. So if a fighter is -500, you would have to bet $500 in order to win an extra $100. So betting $500 would net you a grand total of $600.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A minus value is the amount you would win with a $100 bet, so if it was say -115 and you bet $100, you would earn your $100 plus the minus value, so $215.

A plus value is the amount you need to bet in order to make a $100 profit. So if a fighter is +500, you would have to bet $500 in order to win an extra $100. So betting $500 would net you a gran total of $600.

I hope you haven't been betting a long time.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Scott Smith is gonna lay out Cung Le again but this time it will be in the first round. Smith looked nervous and scared in the last bout but he took everything Cung had and knows he can now. Don't expect Smith to be as restrained this time he will open up right from the opening bell and prove it wasn't just a lucky punch.

Even Fedor/Werdum is crazy IMO. Really Werdum won AbuDhabi his pure grappling is the best in the HW division probably and is far superior to anybody Fedor has fought. Will Fedor win? Probably, I don't believe Werdum has the physical tools necessary but damn those are lopsided.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cung Le is really flashy and the crazy kicks make people hesitant, we seen it when he fought Shamrock too. Frank was really kind of passive in the first, but after he got hit a few times he opened his game up. That fight still bothers me, Le must have a hard head for someone to break their arm on it haha.

Werdum only has a "grapplers" chance, he has to get it to the ground and pray that he gets an opening, but I don't see Fedor hitting the mat with him. But what do I know, Fedor may very well take him down and sub him in 10 seconds haha.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Cung Le is really flashy and the crazy kicks make people hesitant, we seen it when he fought Shamrock too. Frank was really kind of passive in the first, but after he got hit a few times he opened his game up. That fight still bothers me, Le must have a hard head for someone to break their arm on it haha.

Werdum only has a "grapplers" chance, he has to get it to the ground and pray that he gets an opening, but I don't see Fedor hitting the mat with him. But what do I know, Fedor may very well take him down and sub him in 10 seconds haha.
Fedor has practically zero chance of submitting Werdum, Fedor has shown nothing ever that would even remotely indicate that submitting a grappler of Werdums level is even a vague possibility.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fedor has practically zero chance of submitting Werdum, Fedor has shown nothing ever that would even remotely indicate that submitting a grappler of Werdums level is even a vague possibility.
Don't let Fedor fans read that...haha

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Toxic- with Fedor having the bigger power and 16 submissions under his belt, I don't see Werdum submitting Fedor by a long shot...and that punch--

"The power and precision of this man is extraordinary"....F. Shamrock on Fedor

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...Toxic- with Fedor having the bigger power and 16 submissions under his belt, I don't see Werdum submitting Fedor by a long shot...

"The power and precision of this man is extraordinary"....F. Shamrock on Fedor
He doesn't exactly have sub wins over top grapplers though and Werdum is one of the better guys in the world on the ground. He did have to lock up an armbar twice on Hong Man Choi......

Reactions: Toxic
1 - 20 of 39 Posts