Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/ivantsov/50724.html

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/fedors-coaches-rogers-should-greatful-fedor-didnt-finish-off-1093339/

Rogers trainer said in an interview that the referee stopped the fight too early. Rogers wasn't unconscious?

Alexander Michkov: What are you talking about? Stopped the fight too quickly? Look at that moment again. That carcass fell right on it's back. ( he actually called Rogers a carcass)

Vladimir Voronov: Rogers should be grateful to Fedor for not finishing him on the ground. If you watch that sequence again you can see that Fedor hit him with two shots while he was on the floor and before the referee got involved he paused because he saw that Rogers was in helpless state. He didn't want to do unnecessary damage to him. John McCarthy is one of the best refs in US, I'm sure he did everything right. You could say that he saved Rogers. Rogers' coach and Rogers himself are now looking for excuses to justify the loss, they will say that Fedor was lucky and want a rematch. That's typical American tricks. I went to Rogers after the fight to thank him for the fight, he didn't even know where he was. He looked at me like he's seen me for the first time. He was totally messed up, sailing somewhere.

Alexander Michkov: Even ten minutes after the fight Rogers was sitting there, shaking his head, looking around him and didn't understand anything just sat there and blinked with his eyes and the all of a sudden he starts to talk: "Look at me, I want a rematch, I will tear him to pieces". Inadequate guy.

What's Fedor's opinion on the fight?

Vladimir Voronov: he thought he did ok. We agreed that there were a couple of mistakes, but in a fight you can't avoid all mistakes. There are always some nuances. Fedor pointed out his misatakes himself and we'll work on them. Fedor has still not reached his full potential, he continues to improve.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
There's no reason for Fedor to give Rogers a rematch. If anything it will silence critics--which there will always be--and after Fedor beats him again it will be fun to sit back and watch people try to rationalize away his victory.

Does anyone really think Fedor would lose a rematch? Rogers may have potential as a HW, but he's not on the level of fighting that Fedor is at. Experience alone would get Fedor through a rematch, not even taking into consideration the fact that, well, he's Fedor!

Bring on the rematch. This time Fedor won't waste time learning about his opponent. He'll just rush the guy and KO him sooner.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Rogers should be grateful for even getting a chance to fight Fedor. Now he doesnt have to change tires for a couple years until ppl relize he really just isnt that good, he has enormous power but he is too old to ever become a big HW threat with no real ground background to fall back on and sloppy powerful boxing as his only tool.

Ppl really wanna see a rematch?? What a waste of a fight. In a few years you wont even remember who Brett Rogers was imo

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Why is it that if an American gym spoke like that it would piss me off, but when these Russian dudes do it, it's so badass.

Not even going to get into a rematch with of Rogers and Fedor...at no pointin the fight was Rogers even remotely close....eh dead horse smell.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I dont think its productive to Strikeforce as a business to just give Rogers a rematch.....why do you get an immediate rematch when you got KTFO???

Machida vs. Shogun is instant rematch material.....

Rogers is just clinging to the hype, his moment came and went and he is really the only one having an issue with that still.....:sarcastic12:

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Why is it that if an American gym spoke like that it would piss me off, but when these Russian dudes do it, it's so badass.

Not even going to get into a rematch with of Rogers and Fedor...at no pointin the fight was Rogers even remotely close....eh dead horse smell.
prob because your very biased

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The only reason why everybody (including Rogers himself) is talking about a rematch is because that retarded commentator brought it up in the post fight interview.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Of course he wants a rematch why wouldn't he? up until the KO he was doing very well and made fedor look the worse i'd ever seen him. Do I care to see a rematch right now or does it make business sense? hell no, but he's not out of line for wanting one.

Fedor and his camp should be grateful he was spoon fed a noob. A more confident and experienced Rogers would defeat Fedor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A rematch will just make things worse for Bret. He did really well in the fight. Instead of whining, he must get back to training and improve his skills. Get more fighting experience one step at a time. Rushing things will spell disaster, patience, you'll get your chance again.

Nog fought Fedor 3 times and Coleman twice he should re-evaluate what he's getting himself into. An immediate rematch now that Fedor had him measured will just be an easier finish. The most damaging things Bret did during the fight was to cut Fedor (scar tissue) and GNP Fedor where he almost got armbared.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Rogers is no joke, but in a rematch he'd get Fedor'd twice as bad. And a hard loss twice in a row is very damaging for your career.

Right now, if Rogers wins two more fights convincingly against top 10-15 competition he's on his way.

But if he rematches Fedor and gets KTFO or submitted first round, he'll have to beat maybe five or more people to get back on track. Career wise it just doesn't make sense.

Rogers should be calling out Werdum, a guy who stylistically he is a very good match with. Plus then he has two solid wins over top 10 competition.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Of course he wants a rematch why wouldn't he? up until the KO he was doing very well and made fedor look the worse i'd ever seen him. Do I care to see a rematch right now or does it make business sense? hell no, but he's not out of line for wanting one.
Uh......what? When did he make Fedor look....ok I'm done responding to these sorta posts. Wait, I has to be sarcastic....was it when he got GNP'd with two punches before he went for an armbar? Or when he tried to get Rogers in a kimura? Oh wait....you mean when he was knocked out! OOOOOOhhhh okay, gotcha.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Uh......what? When did he make Fedor look....ok I'm done responding to these sorta posts. Wait, I has to be sarcastic....was it when he got GNP'd with two punches before he went for an armbar? Or when he tried to get Rogers in a kimura? Oh wait....you mean when he was knocked out! OOOOOOhhhh okay, gotcha.

Duh Cornbread. Are you blind?

Did you not see Rogers headbutt Fedor's hand with his chin and injur Fedor's hand?

Some people, too blind from their own bias to watch how a fight really happened.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Maybe it just me, but i dont like these trainers saying shit like "typical American tricks". They should keep that kind of racist sentiment to themselves. I wouldnt like it if some American was going around saying that something was a "typical mexican trick" or a "typical asian trick", this is not cool and its good to see what kind of people these guys really are. Still a Fedor fan, his trainers are just a bit racist.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Maybe it just me, but i dont like these trainers saying shit like "typical American tricks". They should keep that kind of racist sentiment to themselves. I wouldnt like it if some American was going around saying that something was a "typical mexican trick" or a "typical asian trick", this is not cool and its good to see what kind of people these guys really are. Still a Fedor fan, his trainers are just a bit racist.
Like when DW was saying "typical russian commies" etc? ;)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Like when DW was saying "typical russian commies" etc? ;)
Didnt say anything about White, did I? Your assuming that I approve of his comments, which couldnt be any further from the truth. Racism isnt justifiable regardless of someone making a simliar comment, its ignorant and sad when it comes out of anyones mouth.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Rogers should be grateful for even getting a chance to fight Fedor. Now he doesnt have to change tires for a couple years until ppl relize he really just isnt that good, he has enormous power but he is too old to ever become a big HW threat with no real ground background to fall back on and sloppy powerful boxing as his only tool.

Ppl really wanna see a rematch?? What a waste of a fight. In a few years you wont even remember who Brett Rogers was imo
I hate when ppl say this, should forrest have felt grateful when he got humiliated by anderson? should kongo have felt warm and fuzzy when he was asked to face crocop?
If the title was on the line then sure rogers should be grateful to get a title shot..But to say an unproven HW prospect should thank his stars that he had the privilege to breath the same air as fedor is just foolhardy..
The match should have never have happened in the first place but that is because fedor should be facing top competition..Not some part timer that only has an arloski KO to his credit..

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
That's typical American tricks. I went to Rogers after the fight to thank him for the fight, he didn't even know where he was.
hahaha, I burst out laughing when I read that.

Carcass comment is priceless as well.

All round comediez

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think fedors managers are a bunch of sleazy douchebags.They stink of mafia.Doesnt surprise me that there talking crap about rogers like this, these guys arent professionals at all.
What else are they supposed to say ? did you read Rogers and his trainers comments... those guys are acting like they got robbed, and Rogers was winning and he wasn't KTFOed and fight was stoped too early and Fedor wasn't as good as they expected and this and that... And they want a rematch :)

That's fuken ridiculous, those guys look like the sorest losers ever... There were some bad ones before, but wanting a rematch after you got KOd and downplaying the fighter the was kicking your ass ???

1 - 20 of 54 Posts