Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Overeem just basically called him out in front of the entire world. There's no turning back now.

Ducking in MMA is absolutely not acceptable. That shit belongs in boxing.

He's already fighting in the second place org, not fighting the champ of that org is absolute bs.

People can blame M1 all they want but all of Fedors actions and statements point to the fact that he's 100% behind them and even calling the shots. He's a grown man, whatever management he has aligned himself with is his responsibility.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Well after the Werdum fight there is no one really left but Overeem,and after the Overeem fight his contract with SF ends so hopefully UFC.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
He should fight Overeem. And hell, even if he loses, he's still the best heavyweight of all time.
I agree he's the best of all time at HW, but if he loses obviously he's not the best anymore. I don't think not fighting Overeem really hurts Fedor, if he then goes and fights top level competition in the UFC.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
I agree he's the best of all time at HW, but if he loses obviously he's not the best anymore. I don't think not fighting Overeem really hurts Fedor, if he then goes and fights top level competition in the UFC.
I still believe he's better off fighting him than not.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Fedor needs to IMO.

When the hell have we actually seen the champion call out a fighter after a victory???

Usually the Champion is accepting challenges in his victory speech....

Overeem went right after Fedor with the belt in his hand in his post fight interview ... no denying he wants a crack at the Emporer and he's yelling it from the roof tops...

Fedor shouldn't duck this.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Fedor needs to IMO.

When the hell have we actually seen the champion call out a fighter after a victory???

Usually the Champion is accepting challenges in his victory speech....

Overeem went right after Fedor with the belt in his hand in his post fight interview ... no denying he wants a crack at the Emporer and he's yelling it from the roof tops...

Fedor shouldn't duck this.

Yep, it's crazy to think about it. This is the way I like it. People who talk shit about Fedor and think can beat him should go after him and not the other way around.

I hope this fight happens

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If Fedor does not fight Overeem it will mean nothing more than he ducks fights. Who else can he fight if he beats Werdum? Giant Silva...give me a break. Its all on Fedor. But I think they will fight.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
I don't believe Fedor will duck this one im sure he will accept it and im a huge fan of Overeem but Fedor will woop him as well.. hes that good.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't believe Fedor will duck this one im sure he will accept it and im a huge fan of Overeem but Fedor will woop him as well.. hes that good.
Agree with whooping :)

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
not anymore! Fedor was that good yes. But a guy like Overeem just reached his prime and I believe Fedor knows, that he most likely will lose too.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Well hes been the best HW fighter in the world for 10 years running.. C'mon

Maybe its time the greatest of all time gets dethroned. While he's still on top I want to be the first to say he's lost more than a step in these past years. He doesn't train the way he used to, even his camp says he trains light these days. There was a drive he had when he was younger, it seems he's lost that.

But how couldn't he? Win after win after win, how long could you go on just beating the best in the world again and again. He's been doing it for 10 years, he's fought 5 UFC heavy weight champions and destroyed them all.

I want him to fight overeem, and I want him to retire after overeem beats him.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Overeem just basically called him out in front of the entire world. There's no turning back now.

Ducking in MMA is absolutely not acceptable. That shit belongs in boxing.

He's already fighting in the second place org, not fighting the champ of that org is absolute bs.

People can blame M1 all they want but all of Fedors actions and statements point to the fact that he's 100% behind them and even calling the shots. He's a grown man, whatever management he has aligned himself with is his responsibility.
A hit more than it already has? Fedor or been ducking competition for years. His can collection is most unimpressive. He's worse than Mayweather.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
Maybe its time the greatest of all time gets dethroned. While he's still on top I want to be the first to say he's lost more than a step in these past years. He doesn't train the way he used to, even his camp says he trains light these days. There was a drive he had when he was younger, it seems he's lost that.
Maybe Ive taken this comment wrong but Im going to have to disagree with ya on this one. Here is why:

Out of his 10 last bouts going back to April of 05 he has been to the 3rd rd one time and that was with "In the PRIME" Mirko and in a ring and that went to the 3rd in 2005 since then 8 victories with 2 going to the 2nd Coleman in 2006 going 1min deep into the 2nd and Rdogers his last bout going almost 2mins deep. Other then that its all 1st rd FINISHES ! Not this grind out a wrestling take down decision or a dance around the cage cause I think Im to good shit that the other P4P RUNNER ups do!

But yes everyone is human age does take its toll and the longer he goes on winning the closer he gets to finally possibly losing . Honestly I think if anyone is gonna beat Fedor its AO. Hes a huge well rounded fighter . BUT if Fedor destroys him I dont think there is anyone left out there that could beat him decisively.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Maybe Ive taken this comment wrong but Im going to have to disagree with ya on this one. Here is why:

Out of his 10 last bouts going back to April of 05 he has been to the 3rd rd one time and that was with "In the PRIME" Mirko and in a ring and that went to the 3rd in 2005 since then 8 victories with 2 going to the 2nd Coleman in 2006 going 1min deep into the 2nd and Rdogers his last bout going almost 2mins deep. Other then that its all 1st rd FINISHES ! Not this grind out a wrestling take down decision or a dance around the cage cause I think Im to good shit that the other P4P RUNNER ups do!

But yes everyone is human age does take its toll and the longer he goes on winning the closer he gets to finally possibly losing . Honestly I think if anyone is gonna beat Fedor its AO. Hes a huge well rounded fighter . BUT if Fedor destroys him I dont think there is anyone left out there that could beat him decisively.
Whoa when did Overeem become that good? He's good, but he's not a top 5 HW. I don't think beating Overeem decisively says anything other than he can beat Overeem. Lesnar and Velasquez are on a different level and different fighters. Fedor has never faced great wrestlers of that size with that amount of speed and strengh. They simply didn't exist until Brock and Cain came along. A win over Overeem means very little as to how he would fair in the UFC.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Can we just have a Brett Rogers moment and be real.

Fedor was at the top of the game a few years back as the sport was evolving (just like the Gracies, just like Shamrocks, etc.). He fought the stars of the time. He then took a turn and decided to avoid the up and coming evolving talent, and managed to prolong his undefeated record for another 2-3 years. That's where his star died. He's now getting ready to fight Werdum, after Rogers, AA and Sylvia (all proven cans compared to the modern talent). Had he not ducked good fighters I would have much respect for him. He would have some losses on his record, but would still be in interesting fights, and picking up wins as well. He would have the respect of the mma community. He has chosen instead to protect his record and be deified by a small group of cult followers who will defend his every move.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
Whoa when did Overeem become that good? He's good, but he's not a top 5 HW. I don't think beating Overeem decisively says anything other than he can beat Overeem. Lesnar and Velasquez are on a different level and different fighters. Fedor has never faced great wrestlers of that size with that amount of speed and strengh. They simply didn't exist until Brock and Cain came along. A win over Overeem means very little as to how he would fair in the UFC.
I dont see a comparsion there. Technically speaking no he isnt ranked top 5 . With his win Ive seen him placed at8 but I can see him running through pretty much anyone listed above him .. . Ufc Hype machine vs actual comp. I dont over look Overeems RECENT acomplishments in K-1 against world class top comp. What has Cain and Lesnar done lately in there arts? WWE doenst count. Lesnar's wrestling credits are impressive but also YEARS ago. Overeem has found a good weight for his frame and has come together now and is hitting his prime.. The man is a force to be reckoned with these days...

I get so tired of the idea that if your not in the ufc you cant be any good.. :confused05:

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
As it was mentioned earlier, the champion issued a challenge here, and that's unseen. This fight would be an insane drew, taken the circumstances. Fedor's on a tough call here.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.