Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone caught Fight Science on National geographic Channel last night. It was pretty interesting they had different martial art disciplines and they tested the speed and power of the punches and kicks and such. They had Rickson Gracie on there also. The boxer had almost 1000lbs of force behind his punch, and the muay tai guy's knee to the chest could push in the chest 2in and cause in eternal bleeding. It was pretty interesting just wondering if any of you guys saw it and your thoughts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
Sounds pretty cool. I remember at UFC 17 when Tank demolished Hugo Duarte they kept saying "His jackhammers are more than 600 pounds of force" or something like that the way you said that boxer is 1000 pounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rush said:
Sounds pretty cool. I remember at UFC 17 when Tank demolished Hugo Duarte they kept saying "His jackhammers are more than 600 pounds of force" or something like that the way you said that boxer is 1000 pounds.
Well the reason they said that was because he could bench 600lbs, which is insane. They didn't and don't actually know how hard he punched, this was the first time the measured it, they use a crash test dummy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Rush said:
I know that is insane, I am confused how such a fat, self-centered guy like Tank could lift 600 pounds. But back in UFC 6 he was pretty insane and a good fighter.
that sbecause tank is not all fat.. consider him more akin to a Sumo wrestler while they do have fat they have very large and powerful muscles.. they just do not cut the fat to show off that muscle..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
CashKola said:
I was just wondering if anyone caught Fight Science on National geographic Channel last night. It was pretty interesting they had different martial art disciplines and they tested the speed and power of the punches and kicks and such. They had Rickson Gracie on there also. The boxer had almost 1000lbs of force behind his punch, and the muay tai guy's knee to the chest could push in the chest 2in and cause in eternal bleeding. It was pretty interesting just wondering if any of you guys saw it and your thoughts.

I saw. The only thing you have to worry about in there was the fact that although they strikes were extremely powerful, you can't just stand there and set up a hit and have some guy just stand there and take it. However, I was very proud of the thai fighter and boxer for thier strikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shadowslan said:
I saw. The only thing you have to worry about in there was the fact that although they strikes were extremely powerful, you can't just stand there and set up a hit and have some guy just stand there and take it. However, I was very proud of the thai fighter and boxer for thier strikes
Well they are not easy to land, but it can definitely be done. A person can be caught with a full blown right or a clean knee. I got a guy with a straight right just like the one the boxer threw in a street fight before.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top