Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In building the roster of talent Coker has done excellent in alot of areas and I as a fan would love to see the roster improve with talent...

So looking at fighters who aren't tied to other orgs under contracts (Alvarez, Lombard) I've compiled a list of five fighters whom I think would be perfect up and coming fits to the roster of talent already budding....

If you can think of another fighter (free agent) feel free to add them to this list with a picture and reason why you think they would be a great addition to the roster......

Here is my list so far.....

Dave "Peewee" Herman

Excellent record of 16-2. One of those losses was a DQ because of illegal knees to Sokky.... Dave's an agressive heavyweight with excellent striking and a good chin... the only bad performance that can be listed is when he gassed in Japan. Cardio can be improved and Dave Herman is a monster I think he'd be an exciting addition and would love to see him slugging it out in the Strikeforce ranks.

Mamed "The Cannibal" Khalidov

Here is a LHW beast. Khalidov is a dynamic striker very dangerous off of his back and has KO power. I can't even imagine the wars in Strikeforce for him between guys like Feijao, Mousasi, Sobral, Hendo..... he's a threat to any LHW and I think he'd make a perfect fit. Solid record and is ready for a step up in competition IMO.

Paulo "Ely" Fihlo

Hasn't lost in his last five. Paulo is a dangerous MW and I don't think anyone wants to see his talent dwindle or flourish outside of any spotlight. He'd be facing solid competition in almost every fight at middleweight under the Strikeforce banner and I am interested to see how he would do.

Doug "The Rhino" Marshall

The LHW that we all love to hate hasn't lost a fight since 08 and is on a 5 fight win streak with 4 stoppages. With a solid record of 12-3 and 11 of those victories being finishes I think he needs to step onto a bigger playground. He always brings the fight.

Hate him or love him he's the kind of fighter who would be talked about

Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri

DREAMs heavy handed slugger is a downright exciting fighter to watch. A Melendez rematch would be epic if he could work his way up. With victories over Ribero, Hansen, JZ, and Edwards he's proven that he's better than your average LW compeditor. 4-1 in his last 5 Kawajiri is a solid fighter and would be a great addition.

Thoughts....

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
My list.

Jeff "The Snowman" Monson

Great fighter with a list of great wins, has actively campaigned hard to fight Fedor in the past from asking his for his release from the UFC to fight him in Bodog (he never got it soon enough and Fedor ended up fighting Matt Lindland instead.) to being the first guy ringing Afflictions phone after Barnett failed his piss test. Fedor needs a fight and this could give him an opportunity to prove he can hang with a world class grappler.

Ricco Rodriguez

Former UFC HW champ with a notable crash and burn fall from grace has worked hard to rebuild his life and career. Is on a 7 fight win streak and has dropped enough weight that he can now make LHW which talent wise is one of Strikeforce's weakest divisions.

others I would like to see signed, Paul Daley (the WW division is weak), Karo Parysian,

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
lombard,jardine,daley,parisayan,barnett to name a few...

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Paul Daley
Karo Parisyan
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Tom 'Kong' Watson
Mamed Khalidov

They'd be my Top 5, though I like Toxic's shouts too, they'd both be very handy additions to the roster.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts

Paul Daley. That sucker punch will be forgotten but his skills remain. A fight against Nick Diaz would be amazing.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I would love to see Jeff Monson in the HW division. The guy has some serious grappling skills and he would have plenty of interesting fights and oppurtunities with Strikeforce.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think any of these people are under any contracts.

Ricardo Arona

Has great wins over people like Wanderlei Silva, Alistair Overeem and Dan Henderson.

Alexandre Ferreira

Has gone undefeated in last 7 fights.

Christian M'Pumbu

Dangerous submissions and good ground game.

and even though you said no fighters that are already signed...

Hector Lombard

Explosive fighter, current Bellator and CFC Middleweight champion. Has impressive record: 26-2. He would make a great addition.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Definitely Jeff Monson... The Snowman is one of the best grapplers in the game today, a multiple time ADCC champ and an all around monster... I believe he also holds a win over current UFC contender Roy Nelson just little over a year ago :)

Love that dude ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd like to see Pedro "The Rock" Rizzo in Strikeforce, to bring some heavy hands to the HW division.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Glover Teixeira (visa issues still a problem???)
Edson Barboza (bet the UFC will nab him)
Siyar "Afghan Killa" Bahadurzada

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I gotta agree with a lot of the guys that have been said: Alvarez, Kawajiri, Lombard, Daley, Khalidov, and Herman.
I also think they should sign Hornbuckle, Santiago, Cavalcante, and in the women's division Megumi. I know she is a lot lighter than Cyborg, but her submissions are amazing and if she can put on a little weight I think she could give Cyborg some problems.

I don't think they should sign Filho, he's just too unpredictable and not always the hardest worker. I also think Barnett is a bad idea, because he's gonna pop positive eventually. And I'll throw in Batista too.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I'll add Ronys Torres to my list.

He lost to Melvin Guillard via a much debated UD, and then to Jacob Volkmann by split decision... and was then cut by the UFC.

Haven't heard anything on him... maybe he'll end up with Impact or back with Jungle Fights...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't think any of these people are under any contracts.

Ricardo Arona

Has great wins over people like Wanderlei Silva, Alistair Overeem and Dan Henderson.

Alexandre Ferreira

Has gone undefeated in last 7 fights.

Christian M'Pumbu

Dangerous submissions and good ground game.

and even though you said no fighters that are already signed...

Hector Lombard

Explosive fighter, current Bellator and CFC Middleweight champion. Has impressive record: 26-2. He would make a great addition.

I think ARONA is soon to fight for UFC, would love to see:

Daley
Khalidov
Aleksander Emelianenko
Filho
Ricco Rodriguez

to sign for STRIKEFORCE, Ricco has some sick ground game which he showed against Big Nog in Pride FC.
Would love for FILHO to get his act together again too, BARNETT and MONSON could both be a good addition also, if they are going to let the likes of Lashley etc fight for them, why not a good quality established fighter.
Would also love to see u.k based fighters like Zelg Galesic, Tom Watson, Che Mills the guy that beat Zaromskis twice get their chance too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts