Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Poor Chael, I hate to patronize but he's just such a unique individual.

He seems mildly deluded, naive even - it's like, how do you get to where he is and still bare that 'child like' innocense; I digress, it's not for me to judge. I'm sure he much more enlightened than I am - my knowledge of the in's and out's of the fight game are very limited.

I am a fan of Chael, he's very articulate and I like what he has to say regardless of it's contnet.

I mean, he's not money hungry at all - he just truely wants to be the best - how crazy of a commodity is he in the world of sports/entertainment today??

"the UFC owes me nothing!" I almost feel like the UFC is robbing him out of a cut - I know Chael doesn't feel that way as he is not financial driven, but still, he's a huge part of why there were soo many draws for 117 and he did a better job promoting this fight than GSP, Lesnar, Ortiz, or Couture ever have.

Reactions: Nefilim777

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great interview!

Chael will get his rematch, it almost seems like he's destined to hold the belt. When he does, I think he'll finally be content, til then the things he's gone through will only make him stronger.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
First time I've seen that show, thanks.

What a great interview. Chael is very gracious in defeat, a true sportsman. I don't understand all the hate he gets. I'm starting to really love the guy. I've always claimed to like him and be a fan but, that was mostly because he was from team Quest. I've always felt obligated to pull for anyone from there or Millitich. But he's become my favorite TQ guy.

He's Bucky to Randy's Captain America.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
His knees did look terrible about mid fight. Sorta like when a person makes the mistake of having sex on carpet:)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I don't understand why he isn't signed to fight Vitor in October then Anderson in late January, come on UFC, make it happen.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I just gained respect for Chael Sonnen in this interview.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I don't understand why he isn't signed to fight Vitor in October then Anderson in late January, come on UFC, make it happen.
Yeah I agree, makes the most sense after Chael's performance.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
I slowly warmed up to Chael and with this interview i would say he is my favorite middleweight and possibly favorite fighter in general. He tells it like it is, from his point of view, and just wants to fight the best and be the best.

Much respect to the man.

Reactions: _JB_

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
One good interview does not much up for months of idiotic trash talk. If he would shut the hell up before a fight - and stop throwing those patty cake shots while on the ground - I might like him. Until he does that I just want him gone.

Anybody else notice how he says now that he has only lost twice in the last 4 years? To Anderson and Paulo. Did Demian's triangle choke the memory of their fight from him?

There is just too much bullshit coming from this guy for me to buy that this is the real Chael. I don't know who the real him is but I just cannot like this man.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
haha i just watched this interview, its really great and i am beginning to really enjoy sonnen when hes not acting, sure he still says some BS but hes a cool guy:thumb02:...i want to see a rematch even though i think he will lose again, still would be fun

also every1 should watch this show, its really good, last show was with frankie, i think its every friday since i download it every saturday...not sure what time its on though:confused02:

·
Shogun
2,105 Posts
First time i hear Chael open his mouth and i dont wish someone would kick him in the teeth :) if he countinues like this i might just become a fan lol. Good interview i sure hope he stops with the WWE BS and just stay nice like this...but i doubt it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I came into this thread to mention that Chael said "I've lost twice in two years, Filho and Silva". I noticed that a few posts back a guy pointed it out and no one in the thread will acknowledge it either, just more of the same, "He's humble, i'm warming up to this guy" b.s. Maia's takedown to triangle submission against Sonnen was one of the best submissions I've ever seen, it's pretty disrespectful to pretend it didn't happen. This isn't Sonnen's prefight trash talk either, this is one man completely pretending he didn't get defeated by another.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
I hope someday Chael fans will be able to be as realist as Chael himself regarding Silva fight.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts