Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been watching the MTV series Final Fu? It's mostly about Karate and Tae Kwon Do fighting with 3 rounds 2 minute fighting. I personally like it because the fighting stays intense because no one gets hurt from the semi contact hits. I am rooting for Abe or Ilram just because they bring a little drama. (Abe hits too hard and Ilram is a trick fighter)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
nope, I didn't like it . I watched a little last night. You can't throw to the head??!!!! It might be good for people just wanting to watch styles...but not for me. I am not big on points systems like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
oddtodd76 said:
nope, I didn't like it . I watched a little last night. You can't throw to the head??!!!! It might be good for people just wanting to watch styles...but not for me. I am not big on points systems like that.
I caught a bit of it it looked interesting at first.. and while the two fighters I saw going at it were good for the styles I noticed right away it was light contact.. and I saw so many take down oppertunites that I would have used.. I think the show is more a joke then anything and MTV is just trying to cash in on the new MA crazethat is starting to get rolling.. but like everyone on the show was in TKD which was lame they should have gotten more diverse styles.. while those guys were fast none seemed to be trained in any grappling.. it was ok.. but it could be alot better.. but hell it is MTV they are only going to put "beautiful people" who have ok skill nothing that translates to real world skill if they have got attacked..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
I couldn't of said it better myself. Yeah, like MTV is gonna put a bunch of ogres with cauliflower ears on tv. That wouldn't bring in all the ratings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
oddtodd76 said:
I couldn't of said it better myself. Yeah, like MTV is gonna put a bunch of ogres with cauliflower ears on tv. That wouldn't bring in all the ratings.
sad but true

wait no its not, come on guys do we really want a network like MTV hosting our MMA events?

Let MTV have their little karate matches...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
oddtodd76 said:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worst part about this is they givce it liek achinese based name.. with the Fu ending.. almost al lteh contestents were TKD people which is korean.. plus the name itself is stupid.. Final Fu.. WTF??? seriously who dumb ass at MTV came up with this show?


for the record.,.. Bruce would have destroyed all the contestants on this show with out breaking a sweat.. at least in MMA bruce would be challenged maybe even beaten escpialy in open weight class.. but this show.. gods I could barely stomach the one match I saw.. the people did have skill but being called for excessive force???
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
oddtodd76 said:
nope, I didn't like it . I watched a little last night. You can't throw to the head??!!!! It might be good for people just wanting to watch styles...but not for me. I am not big on points systems like that.
It's standard semi-contact rules. I agree with you that the point systems suck, but I'm biased, because I don't have a very good record with the point system.

You don't really get to see the full abilities of a martial artist if they're forced to pull their punches. :thumbsdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
IronMan said:
It's standard semi-contact rules. I agree with you that the point systems suck, but I'm biased, because I don't have a very good record with the point system.

You don't really get to see the full abilities of a martial artist if they're forced to pull their punches. :thumbsdown:
its great for practice.. but it is not practical.. it is why Bruce Lee did not enter many tournaments cause at the time most were just point systems which his training was not really good for. pretty to watch.. but just not practical
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Metrosexuals trying to not break a nail or mess up their hair.

Oh, and the show is on now and some dude didnt make it to the top four and started crying saying it was his life dream to make it. What a freaking joke. Like anyone having the title as the "Final Fu" is going to mean anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Adrnalnrsh said:
Metrosexuals trying to not break a nail or mess up their hair.

Oh, and the show is on now and some dude didnt make it to the top four and started crying saying it was his life dream to make it. What a freaking joke. Like anyone having the title as the "Final Fu" is going to mean anything.
how can it be someones life dream to win a show and title that was just recently created by MTV????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
The Don said:
how can it be someones life dream to win a show and title that was just recently created by MTV????

Oh man, its my dream too! LMAO

I don't know what the hell the dudes talking about. I honestly think I could take any of those guys out with the grappling skills I have learned just from watching UFC/Pride fights. That shows makes me want to try to submit them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Im not a fan. Before doing grappling i did karate stuff with point systems similaar to that of the show. Fun to do boring as hell to watch. Ths shows kind of a parody on fighting IMO. The whole face that the heads illegal is priity lame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
that show F****** sucks Balls, honestly it isnt about your skill level, its about how fast you can flurry punches at your opponent in the time span of 2mins.

i've seen the better fighter lose. i dont like most MA tournements cuz its about points. in a real fight that sh*t means nothing.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top