Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering what is a good first punch and/or good combo game plan to try and knockout or atleast hurt the other person when they are talking s**t without a gaurd up. Any good suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aye lol, kick to the groin immediatly followed by an uppercut to the chin. Love this combo! Unless the dude's over 200lbs its eight out of ten times instant KO. :thumb02:

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Hit him with an overhand right.

So many untrained fighters don't see this coming.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Hands down? Right hook all day long, if you mess it up which is easy to do when your nervous and you catch him in the upper cheek he might not go down. So naturally as many punches as you can as fast as you can until he is obviously knocked out. Not until he falls down etc, guys who fall down can still pull a gun/knife and can get up to fight, he needs to be unconscious and I mean out before you stop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hands down? Right hook all day long, if you mess it up which is easy to do when your nervous and you catch him in the upper cheek he might not go down. So naturally as many punches as you can as fast as you can until he is obviously knocked out. Not until he falls down etc, guys who fall down can still pull a gun/knife and can get up to fight, he needs to be unconscious and I mean out before you stop.
i disagree, what if this guy knows what he's doing, and manages to stay up. you cant fight as well tired. make every punch count. if you can take it to the ground and knock him out there.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
left jab, followed by a huge right hand and immediately follow up with a huge right low kick. if the punches didn't stumble him then the kick definately would. if all else fails just grab his throat and pound his face while pushing him back.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Your best punch and make sure its the first one.
When you feel that tingle in your stomach that's the fight or flight syndrome. At that very instant throw your best punch. If you hesitate you might as well run instead.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I was pumping gas Sunday night when some guy came up to me and asked me for money....i was like piss off basically...he started to ask again and then said give me your money...i said you dont wanna do that as he started to approach me...

He took action and came at me and as soon as he was in my reach i hit him with a 5 punch combo right left right left then a right in the adam's apple......(you cannot hesitate...or its over your gettin hit..)

His boy that i never knew was there tackled me from the side and we hit the ground landing on my shoulder (ouch) I was able to actually gulliotine him for a sec and eventually rolled him into an anaconda....I know it ws crazy....

yeah all on the floor at the gas station rolling around.......dont know what his status was cuz he went limp and i jumped in my car and bounced...

Moral of this post, i never knew his boy was thee and he could have had a gun:thumbsdown:

be careful out there

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
i disagree, what if this guy knows what he's doing, and manages to stay up. you cant fight as well tired. make every punch count. if you can take it to the ground and knock him out there.
If the guy manages to stay up it was the wrong guy to pick a fight with because he's probably going to kick your ass. In a street fight you never ever play it safe you blow your wad as fast as possible and end it. Average street fight lasts less than 10 seconds. I'm a small guy but if I hit you flush with a right hook you will be knocked out. Never play it slow in a street fight, fast is deadly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would have to say in a street fight I like to know Escrima just in case they are armed and it prepares you or multiple attackers, but back to the question at hand. Street is way different then the ring and way unpredictable. There are no game plans it's just action and reaction, instinct and skill. I would punch him in the throat (you can't fight if you can't breath) then while he grabs his throat gasping thai clinch and give his face the knee.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I've found that starting as aggresive as possible and never ever stopping until your opponent isn't moving anymore is really the only way. Especialy if he's got boys around, you have to shock and awe them into submission.

Start by letting your oppponent throw first. He's a banger and as a general rule bangers throw hooks without even realizing they're throwing hooks. A drop-crouch uppercut has worked for me in the beginning, followed by a hail of reverse punches and hooks to keep any semblance of a guard moving while doing as much damage as possible. If he staggers, that's the only real opening for a kick. Don't ever consider relying on your legs to win a fight they're not so applicable with a guy who'll think that tackling or catching is his only defense, unless they're head kicks then its okay.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts