Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I would really enjoy this fight. Fitch has only lost to GSP in the UFC and Shields is the Strikeforce champ! Fitch definitely has better striking but Shields has the better BJJ. They are both good wrestlers and Fitch has shown goos sub defense so I think this fight could go either way.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I am not sure if Shields striking is that bad, we never see it since he always seems to be fighting guys who have better stand up and worse ground games so he plays it safe.

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
Shields striking is the worst i've ever seen. He throws punches with nothing behind them but the thought of how to control the guy after he throws his excuse for a punch. I'd put my money on Shields though, he can control anyone until proven wrong.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Jake submitted John Fitch.

At this point the only real threats in the WW division that I can see to Shields is Josh Koscheck or GSP.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I think Kos is a huge threat to Shields, I think he can keep it standing and I like him in the stand up. That said I said that about Henderson. The advantage Kos has is that if gets flustered I am positive he can take Shields down.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would really like to see this fight just because it would really let us know where Shields stands. I thought he had no chance in hell against Henderson, and now I want to know if that was Henderson being that bad, or if Sheilds is that good.

They are really similar fighters, both have pretty awful striking, both have a good chin and a strong ground game. I'm inclined to pick Fitch, but Shields already proved me wrong once, so I'd like to see this fight.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Honestly I hate both of these guys but I actually think this could be good. Maybe 2 boring fighters fighting to a dominant position could be fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.