Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know you want to see this one go 5 rounds.

Both of these guys can go all out for 5 rounds, and if it wasnt for GSP these guys would be fighting tons of 5 rounders.

Can both of the fighters and the UFC just agree to make it happen? Would anyone object?

To me this is a true 'Super Fight' and it will be a shame to end it after 3 rounds.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't think I'd really wanna see a 5 rounder between these 2, I want a finish.
Honestly, I think Alves is gonna upset Fitch, maybe by KO. But these dudes are really tough to finish and Id say its most likely that this one goes to decision. I know a lot of people dont like fitch because he doesnt finish, but this fight should be a real war, and I dont think it will be boring at all. My guess is that there is at least a 75% chance this goes the distance.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
if its going to decision its likely going to fitch

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Nah 3 rounds is good enough for me.

Besides if it went longer than 3 fitch might actually get thiago down and start winning rounds.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
I disagree. If it goes 5 rounds, that means that Fitch is grinding out another boring wrestling decision. I really don't want to watch that for 25 minutes.

Fitch is a talented fighter, but he really needs to change something or I'm going continue dreading every fight he is a part of.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Three rounds is more than enough. If Alves gets his game going, it's gonna be over much earlier than 15 minutes. If Fitch gets his game going, 15 minutes of grinding out a decision is more than enough for me. There are/were lots of fights that should be 5 rounds (Chuck/Wand, Forrest/Bonnar etc.), but this surely isn't one of them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe that Alves CAN win a 3 round decision. His TDD has improved greatly (everyone looks like that vs GSP, fitch too) and his striking is top notch. I see this fight playing out like Cain vs Kongo (except that Alves has WAAAY better TDD and striking than Kongo, and Fitch is even harder to stop on his feet than Cain).

We'll see how you all feel after the 3rd round on saturday.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I would love to see a 5 Round battle between them :thumbsup: I still can't pick a winner, wich tell's me that it should go 5.

Let's go Fitch!^^

But the UFC should at least make the Co Main Event 5 Rounds too. I don't think three rounds are enough for those high-quality fighters. Some of the best athlets I have ever seen in any Sport, are MMA fighters. So there is actually no reason to keep it at only 3..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.