Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Hopefully Edgar, though I see it being Maynard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont think it will be BJ. I dont think they'd give him a fight he could get his butt kicked in his hometown..I think it'll be Edgar for the title. That would draw pretty big. With a solid co-main event this is a good card.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm thinking Jim Miller or Sotiropoulos
I was going to say Jim Miller also, but just not sure. On paper that looks like a step down to Kenny. It very well could be Edgar, but I think they will give Maynard the next shot. But, what do I know, it could very well be BJ.

Geez . . . I contributed nothing to this thread!

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I was going to say Jim Miller also, but just not sure. On paper that looks like a step down to Kenny. It very well could be Edgar, but I think they will give Maynard the next shot. But, what do I know, it could very well be BJ.

Geez . . . I contributed nothing to this thread!
You can't fight top fighters all the time, especially when you're the #2 (technically #3) LW on the planet as many people see it. Up and comers need to be tested and Kenny's more or less the gatekeeper of the division. At least he was when BJ was still the champ. Anyway, whoever beats Kenny will get a title shot.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hopefully it will be against Frankie Edgar. Third time's gotta be the charm for Florian!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It won't be Edgar or Penn. There is an article on Sherdog I think that states Edgar and Penn are going to rematch in late August or early August on the Jersey card.

It will probably be against Maynard.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
If they give BJ his instant rematch then my guess is Kenny vs Maynard for #1 contender.

Unless BJ loses again then he gets an instant 2nd rematch. I mean... Edgard would have to beat him a 3rd time to REALLY prove it, right?

If Edgar is fighting Maynard though, then its probably Kenny vs Miller or Sotiropoulos. Most likely Miller since George needs another fight to work his way in to the top 10 picture first.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Will be fighting in Boston it seems.

Via his twitter. Seems he'll be fighting in Boston on August 28th at UFC 118? Wonder who he's fighting... I'm gonna say BJ.
I'm guessing this, Bj will fight Florian and the winner will fight the winner of Edgars first defence who i think will be maynard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts