Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yikes, lol. I will say that in an MMA fight the gap is lessened because of the ability to punch, elbow and knee, but I don't think Forrest is in the same league when it comes to grappling. I like Forrest alot but that seems a bit like a pipe dream.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Yikes, lol. I will say that in an MMA fight the gap is lessened because of the ability to punch, elbow and knee, but I don't think Forrest is in the same league when it comes to grappling. I like Forrest alot but that seems a bit like a pipe dream.
You're being way too cynical here. How many BJJ blackbelts has Little Nog subbed in his MMA career? I can name one that Griffin has :p Griffin also has a UD win over Jeff Monson, where he held his own on top and from within Monsons guard.

Just because his last name is Noguera doesn't mean all his brothers skills transfer magically over to him. He still has to train just like every one else and Little Nogs chosen area of expertise is definitely boxing. Forrest admits his boxing isn't as good as Nogs, but to say that Forrest jitz isn't even in the same "league" as Nogs is a gross underestimation.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Both Nogs are the most overrated BJJ guys in the sport. We really haven't seen enough of Forrest against black belts on the ground though to come to a conclusion he is better than little Nog. He trains with much better grappler than Big Nog though.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
His ground game has certainly come along, but not to that extent.

LOL at Forrest playing with his wedding ring. I've been married 18 years and I still do that.
I do that CONSTANTLY! So annoying...

On Topic: I think Forrest's BJJ is enough to nullify Nog on the ground and make it dead even. I don't see him subbing him or anything like that though. I do see him winning the ground fight though as his strikes are much better there than Nogs IMO. I think he'll win the stand up too provided he plays it almost just like he did with 'Page.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
I thought Forrest pulled out of the fight with Nog. Also this seems to be a rather old video I remember seeing a vid similar to this and forrest was still going on about shaking everyones hands lol.

Damn so does everyone mess with their wedding rings I thought that was just me lol.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Both Nogs are the most overrated BJJ guys in the sport. We really haven't seen enough of Forrest against black belts on the ground though to come to a conclusion he is better than little Nog. He trains with much better grappler than Big Nog though.
Was going to say something similiar. Big Nog has switched his style very well for mma, but he is still far from tier 1 grapplers on both mma and jitsu in general. Now Just because Big Nog is good at jitsu it doesn't mean his brother is too, which is why I think people hyping up Silva's jitsu too just because he is a blackbelt under Nog is pretty hilarious too.

You really don't get same level of improvement when rolling with Nog compared to rolling with Jacare and Drysdale. Not saying Forrest is definetily better than li'l Nog, but I do think he trains with much more accomplished and dangerous grapplers than Li'l Nog does.

Anyway, as they wont be fighting each other (atleast anytime soon) I don't see a reason for all the speculation.

ps. About the wedding ring. Finnish ex-Formula 1 driver Mika Salo has his wedding tattooed around his finger. So does Ville Valo (lead singer of HIM). And as a person who hates wearing any kind of rings/jewelry I could totally see myself getting one of those too eventually. :D

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Was going to say something similiar. Big Nog has switched his style very well for mma, but he is still far from tier 1 grapplers on both mma and jitsu in general. Now Just because Big Nog is good at jitsu it doesn't mean his brother is too, which is why I think people hyping up Silva's jitsu too just because he is a blackbelt under Nog is pretty hilarious too.

You really don't get same level of improvement when rolling with Nog compared to rolling with Jacare and Drysdale. Not saying Forrest is definetily better than li'l Nog, but I do think he trains with much more accomplished and dangerous grapplers than Li'l Nog does.

Anyway, as they wont be fighting each other (atleast anytime soon) I don't see a reason for all the speculation.

ps. About the wedding ring. Finnish ex-Formula 1 driver Mika Salo has his wedding tattooed around his finger. So does Ville Valo (lead singer of HIM). And as a person who hates wearing any kind of rings/jewelry I could totally see myself getting one of those too eventually. :D
IMO Big Nog's MMA grappling is better than Jacare's. Drysdale only had the one ammy fight so far, so we shall see on him.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I thought Forrest pulled out of the fight with Nog. Also this seems to be a rather old video I remember seeing a vid similar to this and forrest was still going on about shaking everyones hands lol.

Damn so does everyone mess with their wedding rings I thought that was just me lol.
He did pull out and was replaced with Jason Brilz.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Just ignore Toxic's Nogueira hate. Nogueira's MMA jitz his extremely high level especially at HW. Toxic would rather say Werdum has the best Jitz but it sure didn't help him in his fight vs Nog.

And I dunno if Lil Nog could sub Forrest in a pure grappling match but I know for sure Lil Nog could sub Forrest after rocking him - which is almost definitely how he'd get him to the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
He fought Anderson Silva and Rampage Jackson, why would he be ducking Little Nog? =/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.