Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forrest Griffin -- one of the most popular fighters in the UFC -- is backing out of his fight later this month because of a bum shoulder ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us the former UFC light heavyweight champ's shoulder injury is serious enough that he won't be able to fight Lil' Nog on May 29 in Las Vegas.

The extent of Griffin's injury is unclear.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0mvNkT4nB

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
That sucks. This fight was gonna fast track lil Nog to the front of the title shot line. Good for Forrest though, I think Lil Nog is an incredibly poor match up for him.

Yup sucks for Lil Nog more than anything- this was going to be a great showcase to bring him out to the casual fans that still have no idea there are 2 Nogueiras. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Give him Thiago Silva instead of Silva fighting Tim Boesch in a few months. Now that would be a great fight!
I dont know if Silva will be ready in time for 114 though

Im pissed that this fight isnt gonna happen because I was considering taking the odds on Forrest. I believe he could take Lil Nog down and not get subbed for a 29-28 decision (at least at 2-1 odds I did)

·
Banned
689 Posts
im getting pissed more an more injuries are starting to happen. i was looking forward to this match as much as rampage/rashad if not more, because i think that fight has a chance to be over very quickly or be anti-climatic but lil nog vs griffin was gonna catapult nog to the top

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
im getting pissed more an more injuries are starting to happen. i was looking forward to this match as much as rampage/rashad if not more, because i think that fight has a chance to be over very quickly or be anti-climatic but lil nog vs griffin was gonna catapult nog to the top
Feel the same about the disappointment. Was looking forward to this one big time. My friend I watch all teh PPVs with is a big Forrest fan and I a Nog Brothers fan. Match was great for sh*t talking eachother. Also it would have moved Lil Nog to the top of the heap or we would have seen a all out war with Forrest stepping up again to better fighters. Would have been great either way. It is a shame and really puts a dent into that card. I love all fights, but what is the point in paying 50 bucks for a card that doesn't have much on it. I don't care about Bisping never was never will be a contender. Sanchez will never compete with the top 5 of the WW division. I was loving this card because it had 2 quality matches at the top. Now it has 1 and a couple of "names" that just are irrelevant to their divisions. Pretty disappointing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.