Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Forrest: "I'll fight again before the end of the year"

Dude: "John Jones??"

Forrest: "I hope not"

Wow. Thats signature worthy shit right there. lol! :)

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
EPIC FORREST ROFL!!!!! i was dying at that whole thing! +rep well deserved for that. no matter what i cant hate this guy.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Haha, another great Forrest Griffin interview, I don't think the fight with jones is gonna happen but if it does Forrest needs to start working on his jits. I think he has a shot but thats a sub off his back. But who knows really he wasn't supposed to beat alot of guys he has beat.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Forrest is hilarious, but he needs to stop ducking fighters. He ducked Machida and if the UFC tells him to fight Jon Jones i hope he mans up and does it. Forrest could even win the fight if he fought smart, really he would just have to work his BJJ to his advantage when Bones takes him down and he could pull off a submission or at least neutralize his GnP. Bones has yet to fight a top level fighter with good BJJ skills, after all.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Forrest Griffin is awesome. His interviews are always pretty hilarious.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I always thought he had the body type to be a dominator, he just never picked up the skills necessary. If I were his trainer I'd be teaching him handspeed, boxing defense and TDD all day long. Nobody is going to want to stay in the range that he can leg kick them, we already know that. If Forest had the handspeed of Anderson Silva he'd be a very scary fighter, and yes I know some of it is natural but the vast majority of Anderson's skill comes from hard work.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Forrest was on the Jason Ellis show for a sickkkkk interview yesterday. Here is a tiny bit of the very end of the broadcast that I transcribed :)

Caller: I heard a rumour that you're fighting Jon Bones Jones, can you confirm or deny that?

Forrest: Uh.. I hope I'm not fighting Jon Bones Jones
(Ellis and Forrest break out in laughter) I mean, I might be, **** it, If I am, I am, I'll do it. But, I'm not even training right now.... that's a bad dude. *both guys audibly cracking up* That dude will whoop my ass. **** it, It couldn't be worse than Anderson Silva."

"It shouldn't be worse than that, right? I mean, every fight I go in to, no matter what happens, it couldn't be worse than Anderson Silva because that shit was a year ago, and literally, every day people ask me something about that.

Ellis: "I wasn't going to bring that up at all"

Forrest: 'What happened, what happened?' You know what happened? It's on page 23, if you need to know, check it out."

Ellis: "He punched you in the chin"

Forrest
: "Repeatedly! And I was very confused!

*Both break out laughing again*

Forrest: And.. I tried to punch him, I tried to punch him, but he literally moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing it. He looked at me like 'Why would you do such a stupid thing?' He looked at me like 'Did you really think you were going to hit me, what a stupid thing to think you slow, slow whiteboy.' - and then he punched me. I felt embarassed for even trying to punch him, I felt like some kid trying to wrestle with his dad.
They also hit each other in the legs with kendo sticks and talked about Forrest and his "not give a ****" attitude that leads him to have no real friends and carry guns on to planes.

I like Forrest even more now :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We'll see how jovial he is when he loses again.

Forrest before a fight and after a win: Comical and Charismatic.

Forrest after a loss through his next win: defensive jackass.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Forrest Griffin is my favourite personality in the UFC. Such a hilarious guy, exactly my kind of comedy. It will be sad to see him dismantled again but I'll definitely pick up his new book and show support. But when it comes to fight night, all humour and personality aside, WAR JONES!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I really lost a lot of respect for forrest for running away after the silva fight and his first interviews after that fight. But it looks like he's come to terms with that loss and can laugh about it.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
"Regarding the Anderson SIlva fight: i should have run Before i fought him, not after...!" :laugh: :thumb02:

EPIC!
Forrest is hands down the P4P funniest Fighter in the World!
+rep for Forrest and for you good man! 10x for the vid.

·
Registered
646 Posts
We'll see how jovial he is when he loses again.

Forrest before a fight and after a win: Comical and Charismatic.

Forrest after a loss through his next win: defensive jackass.
Good point.

The OP interview and the one put in there by SJ were both really really good, lightened my mood quite a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts