Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
If Carwin doesn't get the KO in the first few minutes, I'd say Ref stoppage win for Lesnar from ground and pound.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
If Carwin doesn't get the KO in the first few minutes, I'd say Ref stoppage win for Lesnar from ground and pound.
Maybe so, but I think that it might turn into a bit of a Todd Duffee/Mike Russow equation for the take downs. Because Lesnar has never faced anyone as big and strong as Carwin, and since he is coming into this match without having to cut much weight. He might have a tough time on the take downs. The only time that we have seen Carwin be taken down is against Gabe Gonzaga after multiple right hands to the jaw. Then of course he got right back up.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If Carwin doesn't get the KO in the first few minutes,
On the other hand, what if he gets the KO in the first 2 minutes? That will make his resume more than just impressive. And if he does the same to Velasquez afterwards? Then I'll say he can very well do it to Fedor, assuming, of course, that Fedor will beat Werdum either via decision or via anything else but with a bloody and bruised face.

·
Registered
239 Posts
On the other hand, what if he gets the KO in the first 2 minutes? That will make his resume more than just impressive. And if he does the same to Velasquez afterwards? Then I'll say he can very well do it to Fedor, assuming, of course, that Fedor will beat Werdum either via decision or via anything else but with a bloody and bruised face.
I just meant if he gives Lesnar time to lean on and put his weight on him , that he might not have enough strength left to land that big shot?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I think it is physically impossible to KO Fedor. I think I remember seeing him rocked once... and he has taken some bombs...

That is strange about this sport. I have Carwin beating Lesnar, losing to Fedor, Lesnar beating Fedor. Granted I think Carwin KOs Lesnar, gets KOed by Fedor, and Lesnar holds on for dear life to Fedor for the win.

·
Registered
128 Posts
From the UFC website:
"Carwin by knockout in the first round - I'll bet my house on it."
--Forrest Griffin
The quote actually said

"Carwin by Knockout - Carwin by headkick in the first round. I bet my house on it."

Forrest's humor at it's best rofl. Next time get your quote right because the quote you posted sends a completely different message.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Queer street for a second...Gonna try to imbed it. Nevermind, I'm a retard who can't imbed a video turns out.

Here's a link to Fedor nearly being knocked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3kme8CpIE
ha thats amazing! Fedor looked like a drunk on a heavy friday night! Dunno what Fujita was doing when Fedor was rocked though, seemed to just close his eyes and waft his arms about!

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
I think it is physically impossible to KO Fedor. I think I remember seeing him rocked once... and he has taken some bombs...

That is strange about this sport. I have Carwin beating Lesnar, losing to Fedor, Lesnar beating Fedor. Granted I think Carwin KOs Lesnar, gets KOed by Fedor, and Lesnar holds on for dear life to Fedor for the win.
Oddly I have the same conclusion, stupid stylistic match ups.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The quote actually said

"Carwin by Knockout - Carwin by headkick in the first round. I bet my house on it."

Forrest's humor at it's best rofl. Next time get your quote right because the quote you posted sends a completely different message.
You're right, huh, I got the quote secondhand and stand corrected. Headkick obviously joking but wonder if he was joking about Carwin KO? Oh well...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Oddly I have the same conclusion, stupid stylistic match ups.
The one thing about Fedor that always bothers me is his intense desire to let his opponent dictate where the fight goes - to wrestle with Lesnar is the worst thing he could do. For example, why was he exchanging with Arlovski standing when his obvious advantage was on the ground? Just to make chances more even or was he absolutely sure in own skills and Andrei's flaws?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It's like Rock/Paper/Scissors :confused02:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.