Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I am in Vegas getting ready for my fight....as soon as I can, I will post more details)

He's sent this out, i bet he fights at UFC 66.

It was off his myspace.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i had to guess.....i donno i'd like to see him fight Rashad Evans.

Other guys i could think of.....maybe sobral? umm.. i donno i think it'll be against a good opponent though because Forrest had a good fight against tito and beat bonnar.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think the UFC may try to build Forrest up a little more before he fights someone as good as Sobral. With a weak division they're probably gonna wanna keep him undefeated and give him a title shot soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Id like to see Rashad fight Bispring, but Forrest would be my next pick. Hes got a good takedown defense and though his hands are a bit sloppy he knows how to pick his punches. He could probably knock Rashad out if he kept the fight standing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great news to see Forrest fighting again soon. Looks like UFC 66 is shaping up to be one of the year's best.

Personally, I'd like to see him beat Rashad Evans. I used to hate Rashad for his lack of ability to end fights. He used to just clinch, ground but no pound (or not much of it). I thought he was a boring fighting overall. Seemed like just did what he had to do to win the decision. To make things worse, he got split and majority decisions. Not even unanimous. He just bothered me with his lack of ability to finish a fight. At that point, I disliked Rashad Evans. To see a guy 9-0 when they haven't had a decisive victory is annoying.

But I have to say, when he knocked out Jason Lambert at UFC 63, the first things that came out of my drunken mouth were "There we go! He CAN finish a fight." which I guess proved to me that it wasn't that I disliked Rashad Evans, but that I just wanted to see him win decisively.

Griffin and Evans would make a pretty good fight. My only problem with it, is that Evans would no doubt make the fight more boring. Griffin needs someone able and willing to swing with him, and Rashad isn't that guy. Evans would keep the fight clinched, whether standing or on the ground. I do see Griffin winning by KO if the fight happens though.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think they'll wait until 2007 for fights like those. They're probably going to bring in a UFC newcomer for his next fight, and if he wins, they'll probably start thinking about setting up fights like Griffin/Evans and Griffin/Bisping.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nah the december PPV will be the one of the year i think.

Mainly because prides is going to be on New Years Eve and theres is dec 30 and prides rumored card is the main even Cro Cop vs Fedor which is a MONSTER of a fight.

So i think they'll build up a giant card around Tito Vs Liddell.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
nah the december PPV will be the one of the year i think.

Mainly because prides is going to be on New Years Eve and theres is dec 30 and prides rumored card is the main even Cro Cop vs Fedor which is a MONSTER of a fight.

So i think they'll build up a giant card around Tito Vs Liddell.
The rumor is that Cro Cop is out so Fedor will be fighting Josh Barnett instead. Still a huge main event, IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. Liddell, Ortiz, Arlovski, and Griffin on the same card? Talk about my UFC dream come true.

I think Rashad is a possibility. If it's not him then my next guess would be Bisping but I think that's almost a rushed fight. Bablu seems possible but for some reason, I just don't see it happening.

It depends if they want to build a strong card around Liddell vs. Ortiz or allow Liddell vs. Ortiz to be the focus of the entire show. I would assume they would want to build a strong card considering it's their last PPV of the year and PRIDE is setting up a big show the next night and they don't want to be outdone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
asskicker said:
I think the UFC may try to build Forrest up a little more before he fights someone as good as Sobral. With a weak division they're probably gonna wanna keep him undefeated and give him a title shot soon.
Griffin isn't undefeated in the UFC. He lost a CRAZY decision to Tito Ortiz..i still think he won that. :p
Jeremy Horn KO'd his as in an IFC fight back in the day too...but Griffin had a win a few years back in the WEFC over Jeff Monson, who is fighting for the HW title in a couple weeks...that makes ya think eh? Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would like to see Bisping fight Forrest but cant see it happening yet as they are both from UFC show and im sure that Dana White wont want to lose one at this stage in the game.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.