Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want GSP to win this fight but there are four reasons why it isn't going to happen!

1. GSP has not fought in the octagon for a while! Ring Rust could be a factor!
2. GSP is just coming off a groin pull injury!
3. Matt Hughes might have gotten into GSP head! If Matt got under GSP skin, GSP is prone to making mistakes!
4. Matt Hughes had already beaten GSP!

There is only two things that are to GSP advantage! Even these are pretty weak!

1. Matt Hughes sucks as a striker! If this fight is a stand up war then Matt Hughes will lose! This is doubtful however!
2. Matt Hughes is coming off a fight with BJ Penn! He could still be feeling the effects of that fight! But Hughes didn't suffer any serious injuries during that fight so the effects could be minor!

Well those are my reasons! What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i could not disagree with you more these reasons are a bit silly 1st of all there will be no ring rust as he as not been out that long second he is ingured anymore. You are givin matt to mutch credit he is lucky he still has the belt after the beat down bj have him the way i look at this fight is this look what saint piarre did to shurk now shurk and matt are allmost identical in how they fight and piarre destroyed shurk. I honestly believe time has come and it will be piarre who will knock him off his pedastil

piarre is hungary right now and i dont belive anyone can stop him at the moment

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
this is the aspect of being an MMA fan i don't really enjoy. i have seen a lot of fights, and the one thing you can be sure of, is two things. there are fights that you know what will happen, no question... all the others, no amount of "reasoning" or "dissection" will ever lead you to guess what will happen.

this is one of those fights that whatever happens, someone will find a way to justify their prior position, while in reality, it'g going to be up in the air until the winner wins...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I guess we will have to wait and see if matt wins then no one can stop him. But sayin that as long as bj is around matt is in trouble the ufc is an exiting place right now no dout about that

·
Registered
132 Posts
ozz525 said:
with a fighter like gsp theres no such thing as ring rust.
I agree!

I do respect what you all are saying - with the comparisons and critique. It won't be an easy fight but Matt looked a little off in that fight with Penn, think he might be due for a loss - you know, every good fighter needs one.

I'm for GSP - not just cause he's cute and Canadian - but because he's a well rounded fighter with the biggest heart.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Haha....I know all you Canadiens are for Pierre. But dont write Hughes off as Ive seen it many times in this forum. "Oh well BJ had Hughes blah blah blah" Well shoulda, coulda, woulda is all I have to say. I think BJ poses the most challenge for Hughes due to his flexibility and he is the best BJJ guy there is in that weightclass if not all weightclasses.

This whole St Pierre beat Sherk more convincingly has to go..... Who cares? The Oakland Raiders beat the Steelers 42-0 2 weeks ago and the Raiders beat the Steelers 20-13...does that mean the Raiders will beat the Chiefs 62-0? I dont think so....just an anlalogy...some fighters match up with others better than others do.

Hughes "sucks" in standup well by MMA standards he is average but no one in this forum can say he sucks, cause I guarantee he could outbox anyone in this forum. Lets just show some respect to both fighters, they are both very talented and well rounded it will be a war..and the winner will deserve it no matter what....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think Matt has major 'cojones'...And is/was champ material as opposed to say...Rich Franklin.

I don't think he's underrated and he has reigned supreme so far, but I think his time is up.

GSP is pretty sick, and I have a feeling, will win this fight. His striking is great, he has fantastaic take-down ability. He's obviously in terrific shape...But best of all....His confidence.

I think it's very difficult as a champ to get fired up and it looks like Hughes doesn't have that fire he should or needs. Where GSP looks excited on his way to the ring and I hope he takes it...He's young and has more then one gameplan.

Hughes has impressed me on several occasions...Not so much his last demonstration, but I think he needs a loss to get the spark back. He has literally said in the past he has NO reason to fight GSP, so how can he get fired up for it? GSP is going to be gunning for him soo hard. What an exciting match up!

Go GSP!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think GSP has a great shot. If i remember correctly During Hughes vs Penn
at the end of the 2nd round Hughes was barely saved by the bell. I think Penn had him with a choke. Penn took that fight on short notice. It is quite possible if Penn was truley ready physically for that fight Hughes may have lost

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts
I really hope GSP wins, I know Matt is a great champ but it's time for someone to step-up and take the belt:cheeky4:

·
Registered
113 Posts
pt447 said:
this is the aspect of being an MMA fan i don't really enjoy. i have seen a lot of fights, and the one thing you can be sure of, is two things. there are fights that you know what will happen, no question... all the others, no amount of "reasoning" or "dissection" will ever lead you to guess what will happen.

this is one of those fights that whatever happens, someone will find a way to justify their prior position, while in reality, it'g going to be up in the air until the winner wins...

... you're so wise! Like a miniature buddha with hair! But seriously, Hughes will most likely win, however there is no actual way of making a guess when the fighters are reasonably matched.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.