Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, am I the only one who has noticed the similarities in these 2 athletes??? Other than the fact that they look almost identical, they both also lost a lot of their luster after being hurt in motorcycle accidents. Both were phenoms in their respective sport, coming out of nowhere and defeating the toughest of challengers and coming out on top. Then, get in a motorcycle accident and can never perform to their full potential again. Check out these convincing pics:
Frankie
Big Ben
Frankie
Big Ben

Frankie?....nah that's Big Ben...isn't it?

It won't let me post these 2 great pics of Frank, but click here and look at the 1st two pics on the page...he looks just like the Black and White photo of Big Ben...seriously..

Anyway...any thoughts?

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3DLee said:
I say Big Ben whens by KO in first round. If he can throw a football like that, he can probably throw a powerful accurate punch.
He actually has really good takedown defense too, I've seen him shake off his fair share of lineman and linebackers. Even as recently as last week.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I'll be rooting for Mir when he fights Vera but I think he reached the end of his rope! Also, Big Ben would get KO'd if he ever tried fighting in the octagon!

·
Registered
808 Posts
3DLee said:
I say Big Ben whens by KO in first round. If he can throw a football like that, he can probably throw a powerful accurate punch.
I would like to see him when too :laugh: :cheeky4:

Those pics are funny though! It is funny you saw those pics and the similarities between them. Unles syou got it from some other place. I bet some steelers fans would get a kick out of it too:D

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROCKBASS03 said:
I would like to see him when too :laugh: :cheeky4:

Those pics are funny though! It is funny you saw those pics and the similarities between them. Unles syou got it from some other place. I bet some steelers fans would get a kick out of it too:D
Well, I actually noticed that they looked alike quite awhile ago, but then when Ben got in that wreck, I thought that was kinda wierd, and then when he start losing his luster a little bit here recently, like in the games against Jacksonville and Cincinnatti, it was even wierder. I've been meaning to make a thread and show you guys for quite a while now, but it slips my mind every time I get on.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Frank Mir could have been the best ever but he blew it all away because in the beginning he rarely practiced for fights and did not improve his cardio therefore when it came to Ian Freeman he was destroyed after multiple armbar attempts in the first minute (he gasses after the first minute literally) and Wes Sims in the rematch. Then he finished his career with a car crash. But its still fun watching him shoulder locking Pete Williams, toe hold on Tank, and that arm break on Tim Sylvia.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MMA freak said:
because in the beginning he rarely practiced for fights.
Oh, is that a fact? You wanna lemme know where you got that amazing factoid from? Because for a guy who 'rarely practices', he sure did a great job beating the hell outta most of the guys he fought. Wow, I never knew the former UFC heavyweight champion rarely practiced. I guess I learn something new everyday huh? And so does everyone else...everyone retain this amazing fact that MMA Freak has generously provided for us, we musn't take it for granted.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
His cardio was super bad even at the top of his game "beating the hell out of opponents". I can tell he hasn't trained as of recently judging him getting owned by Cruz and that poor fight against Christison.

Have you ever seen UFC 38? He put so much efforts in those submissions and Freeman got out of them all. Then the bad cardio, he was literally destroyed. If Tim Sylvia got out of that armbar I guarantee he would have TKOd Mir after.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts