Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Well spoken as always. I agree that he seems to have the right attitude in order to move up the heavyweight ladder again. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and squashes his next opponent like what he did to Kongo. What he is saying about the Carwin fight makes sense, he overlooked the dirty boxing, and Shane was very smart to focus on that instead of grappling with Frank.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Terrific, honest interview. Very insightful and completely unguarded. The interviewer did a great job as well. Almost as good as Ariel Helwani. NOT!

Frank MIR (yes, I'm spelling his name correctly after this interview) does indeed have a bright future in the UFC. It looks like he's ready to make some adjustments based upon his most recent outing. He's still trails the leading four fighters in the HW division by a mile, but there's still a large gap between himself and the rest of the top ten in the HW division as well, IMO.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Great interview. Like someone else said he totally owns his loss and gave great respect to carwin without sounding like a kiss ass. I hope people realize now that the whole stalker routine was just to get him back to a title shot as quick as possible and hopefully get in Brocks head a little.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great interview, no question there. Very surprised and confused about what he says in relation to size etc. His mentality vs Brock vs be really fast and lean and focus on technique. Brock then negates this with strength and power. Mir decides I need to be bigger and stronger and begins this training. Mir fights Carwin and still isnt quite strong enough, loses due to Carwins power (primarily) and then decides to go with strategy 1 and get lean and fast again.

He really needs to pick a strategy and keep with it. Weight training takes a long time before you can really reap major benefits, everyone knows this.

I get what he is saying however, be as lean as possible to maintain speed whilst increasing strength, however I think he is going about it the wrong way.

Yes keep increasing strength and of course he wants to be fast, but he may as well stay at 265 whilst he his doing this. Keep his weight there and then as he increases muscle mass and weight drop a few lbs of fat here and there to make sure he stays at 265.

I think Mir needs to find a reason why he lost to keep himself motivated and sane, and fair play to him, however I think that he is looking for reasons which are not there. Getting leaner again will just rersult in his previous failings resurfacing.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Not a Mir fan but that was a brilliant interview. Really enjoyed it and raised my opinion of him once again.

·
Registered
773 Posts
nice to see the dude is alright:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.