Votes: 24 82.8%
  • phil baroni

Votes: 5 17.2%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

frank announced today that hes going to fight phil on december 8th at the HP pavillion in san jose...who else wants to see baroni knocked on his ass?

cant wait for sakakibara to pull the fightcards for his bout in the real deal so that i can see his ass get knocked twice...i just dont like the guy...

haha, i hated him ever since FX's "toughman" competition way back in the day...any of you remember bob sapp in that too?

toughman > pride fc > ufc :laugh:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Frank Shamrock is going to eat Phil Baroni alive when they fight. It'll be funny to see Baroni get killed.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I hope Frank makes a comeback and Phil's his tune up fight. Because we all know Franks gonna kick his ass

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love this quote from Shamrock,"I think it’s a ticket seller. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he bangs hard and he sells tickets. I’d love to fight Baroni. As far as I’m concerned, he’s a night off for me and a warm-up for whomever.”

Now that is confindence! Against anyone other than Baroni it would even be annoying.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Keithpas said:
I love this quote from Shamrock,"I think it’s a ticket seller. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he bangs hard and he sells tickets. I’d love to fight Baroni. As far as I’m concerned, he’s a night off for me and a warm-up for whomever.”

Now that is confindence! Against anyone other than Baroni it would even be annoying.
of course thats confidence , hes the greatest of all time, until chuck can prove him otherwise lol

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Frank Shamrock is idolized so much on this forum, yet people don't know Manabu Yamada and Yuki Kondo in Pancrase beat him in. They just respect him and call him the greatest because of his UFC accomplishments. "Oh, he will beat Ortiz in one round", no he won't Ortiz would win definitely by decision. Frank hasn't faught much since 1999 and I wouldn't be suprised if Baroni KTFOs him.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Evil said:
You meen KHTFO, KTFOs doesnt fit in that sentence
Yeah I guess. But why is Frank Shamrock considered the greatest? If you saw his fights in Pancrase your opinions would change, he only beat Bas Rutten and Minoru Suzuki other than that hes lost to Yuki Kondo (who Ortiz destroyed) and also Masakatsu tooled him badly twice.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Ive seen just about every fight with frank shamrock that has been taped and/or released. when you have fought for as long as frank has there is gonna be ups and downs, bad and good fights in your career. And the noted record of Frank is 21 - 7, then you can add around 10 fights that is not filed within sherdog.. His record and Victories should speak for itself. Then you can add all the things hes trying to do for his fighters and the MMA community. The guy deserves every good thing said about him

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
And defeating Sinosic is something to be proud of in a boring match by decision. Ortiz owned Sinosic, cut him up with nice elbows and bloodied him all over the ring. Ortiz would definitely beat Frank Shamrock nowadays in my opinion after watching Pancrase DVDs and VHS for the last week. I thought Shamrock would win against Ortiz by decision since this forum claims hes the greatest but no.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i am very confident baroni will knock frank out..frank hasnt been fighting alot lately and hes def not the best fighter in ufc history, and i agree with you mmafreak Tito would eat frank alive if they faught now..it wouldnt be close, and whoever said frank beat BAS is wrong, frank lost to BAS twice, it was ken who beat BAS twice not frank

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
jdun11 said:
i am very confident baroni will knock frank out..frank hasnt been fighting alot lately and hes def not the best fighter in ufc history, and i agree with you mmafreak Tito would eat frank alive if they faught now..it wouldnt be close, and whoever said frank beat BAS is wrong, frank lost to BAS twice, it was ken who beat BAS twice not frank
Frank Shamrock beat Bas Rutten once by decision. Bas beat Frank twice. I thought Frank beat Bas twice but he didn't, proves hes not even good as I said he was! Hes over rated, Ortiz would stomp him.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
o yea he beat bas once, but bas beat him twice, and ken is 2-0 against bas I believe, both fights i think ken won on a knee bar..ken always has had nasty leg locks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
MMA freak said:
Yeah I guess. But why is Frank Shamrock considered the greatest? If you saw his fights in Pancrase your opinions would change, he only beat Bas Rutten and Minoru Suzuki other than that hes lost to Yuki Kondo (who Ortiz destroyed) and also Masakatsu tooled him badly twice.
He did beat Bas but they fought twice more and Frank lost them both.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think Franks overrated because hes undefeated in the UFC. He had tough competion but not the toughest, and he beat a very young and not fully developed Tito. He'll still tool Baroni but I think hes overrated.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts