Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Franklin at 288K versus Liddell at 152K, who do you like more.

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  wolunt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm entering a fantasy league that has a salary cap in place. I have to pick 10 fighters and stay under 5 mil. Both of these guys come really cheap but I think I'm willing to spend the extra 130k on Franklin, cause I think he will win. What do you guys think??

I'm also debating between Kos at 711k and Daley at 416K. If they were even, I would say Kos but I'm not sure if I can justify the extra 300k on Koscheck right now. I think Daley has a pretty good chance in this one.

#3 ·
For Franklin vs Liddell, I would actually go with Liddell. I don't think Franklin hits hard enough and I think Chuck will catch him at some point.

As for Koscheck vs Daley, I would say spend the extra money because this fight is Koscheck's to lose as Daley is a fish on the ground. Koscheck might be stupid and try to stand with Daley but I would still pick him.

#6 ·
Thats a tough one... Liddell vs Tito was obvious but Rich is a way better striker...

But remember before Chuck got KTFO by Shogun he was landing some nice hits and it was easily a even round in the judges eyes with the Fury Liddell had...

But its hard to bet on someone that has been losing as much as he has been lately, but imo i think Chuck will beat Rich in the stand up, and Rich wont even be able to use any type of ground game.... So i say Chuck but tough call....

#10 ·
I'd definitely say Franklin. Even at 2-1. I dont see Chuck catching him. He's younger, faster, has been more active recently, and his only losses are to the very best fighters (Silvax2,Belfort, Machida). Chuck hasnt won a fight since UFC 79, and has 4 losses in his last 5 fights (granted it was against top competition mostly).

Personally, Im not betting on Kos/Daley because I dont trust Koscheck to fight the smart fight. I believe he still wants to show that he can knock anyone out. He may be able to knockout Daley, but if he tries to then Daley has a better than 50% chance to KO him instead. Daley's striking is WAY better than AJ's, he is a SERIOUS KO artist. So if you believe that Kos' ego will force him to standup with Daley then you may as well take Daley with the odds he's getting.

#11 ·
I'm going with Liddell.....

Chuck has some heavy hands... Rich hasn't displayed in the UFC near as much..

Also Rich has poor wrestling..

Chuck has a great sprawl and good TDD so I see this fight staying on its feet...

I'd have to give the fight to Chuck here...

#12 ·
If Chuck mixes in some takedowns (in round 3 of the Wandy fight his shot looked great) and gets that into Rich's head then I think he can win. In an absolute pure boxing match Rich would maybe outpoint him, but if Chuck can get some points on the ground, while making Rich more tentative on the feet, then Chuck should be able to win on points; KO/TKO advantage was Chuck's to begin with. I just hope he uses his wrestling some to help him avoid a decision loss. As far as Rich taking Chuck down I doubt he'll try and if he does he'll get sprawled and eat punches for his efforts.

The last win for both of these guys was a decision win over Wandy and Chuck's was way more decisive than Rich's.

With the 2:1 there I'd definitely pick Liddell, though this fight is pretty hard to call.

#14 ·
Ok, here's my team.

My MMACrypt Fantasy Team
Georges St. Pierre $1,000,000
Lyoto Machida $1,000,000
Brock Lesnar $1,000,000
Rich Franklin $288,235
Paul Daley $416,667
George Sotiropoulos $466,667
Jon Jones $511,765
Melvin Guillard $100,000
Ross Pearson $100,000
Brendan Schaub $100,000
I was able to use up 4,983,334 of my 5 million cap space.

#15 ·
This is only for 2010?

GSP and Brock will fight max 2 fights(propably only one)

Also Lyoto will lose to Shogun.
Brock to Carwin.

Good luck with this team. Franklin,Daley,Sotiropoulos ,Jones are good picks.

#18 ·
Ya honestly i'd take Franklin and Kos. As other have mentioned Kos has already faced heavy handed, intimidating strikers and shown he can handle it. Plus that tko he ate humbled him up at least a bit i'd think (i don't think he will actually stand with Daley like he says he will). Chuck...well let's just say we don't like to bet on Chuck anymore...

#19 ·
A little update on the schedule. I really hate it being only 3 months to be honest but this kind of explains it. I think the 2nd season will be better. And I'm really glad I didn't take Forrest, he's already out due to a shoulder injury.

Ok guys, been playing with the schedule a bit. Here's how it's going to work. This first season will be 3 months. Just a trial season to see how it all works and such. It will run from May through the end of July. Season 2 will run starting August 1st until the end of the year which will be 5 months. Then starting Jan 1st of 2011, they will be 6 month seasons, so 2 a year. Members will be able to enter after the start of the season, they will just be starting in the hole from which ever events they missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.