·
Registered
379 Posts
oh no :( what did franklin do ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
did u see franklins nose?!

its shattered for sure, its off to one size then the bridge is flat as a pancake.

wow.

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Franklins nose was mashed in too. Silvas knees in the clinch were just too much for Franklin. Ended shortly into the first:(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Silva destroyed him plain and simple. After I saw him fight Leben and saw how coordinated he was I knew it was going to be tough for Franklin.

I bet Franklin has a few broken ribs after those brutal knees.

Basically silva softened him up with brutal knees to the body and when franklins arms dropped he took him apart. The knees to the head were freaking brutal, he didnt stand a chance....His nose was a complete mess

It was extremely one sided. Franklin went out with grace though...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
did u see franklins nose?!

its shattered for sure, its off to one size then the bridge is flat as a pancake.

wow.
what!? how could i have missed this! sounds like silva humiliated the poor guy! ugh!!! how could i have missed this:(

·
Registered
156 Posts
In a way I think this is good for Rich because he's gonna come back better than before. Kind of like when BJ beat Hughes, Hughes came back and was on a whole nother level.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Adrnalnrsh said:
Yes chalk up two humiliations for Silva in the UFC.
this match will bode well for the ones who say that UFC fighters are inferior to the pride stable. anderson is (apparently, i have yet to watch his latest fight) plowing through whoever they put in front of him.

·
Registered
332 Posts
So does this mean that more PRIDE fighters will try to come over and and dominate?

How do you all think this will hold up in the continuing argument about which orginization has the better fighters???

Anderson Silva is apart of the Chute Box academy which also includes the likes of Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Anderson went in and aggressively attacked Rich. It doesn't really shock me at all. Rich had this same problem in the Machida fight. He can't fight aggressive strikers.

But, I am sort of shocked Silva demolished him in short time. Wow.

Time to get outside talent, UFC. No one in the MW division is going to pose a threat so Silva. The guy disposed of 2 MW stars(Yes, I'm counting Leben) in short time. Swick is going to get dismantled.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Coldblue said:
this match will bode well for the ones who say that UFC fighters are inferior to the pride stable. anderson is (apparently, i have yet to watch his latest fight) plowing through whoever they put in front of him.

Thats retarded.

Anderson is the UFC middleweight champion. Hes a UFC fighter now. **** what Pride nuthuggies want to say.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Franklin gives all the credit for his strength and victories to God. It seems like God was on a coffee break for this fight. I knew Silva would win he was very confident coming into this fight and he made short work out of Ace. If I where a contender in the MW division I'd be moving down to WW. Silva will hold the title for a long time. The better fighter won and its gonna be pritty funny seeing a TUF4 guy fighting Silva. Hats of to The Spider!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That kick to the head was brutal, after the big knee. I'm going to hope it was Rich's break he took that resulted in that vicious beating. Noone left in MW to fight Silva.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
One simple question for all you fellow MMA fans...

Have you ever seen a dominant fighter like Rich Franklin....get as dominated as he did against another opponent?

This was....words cant even describe this, I knew Anderson had a shot, and I knew his odds were good, I expected Franklin to win but I atleast thought it would be a war....just...wow. I knew when the UFC picked them up they wanted competition for Franklin, I knew after watching his past fights he would be a top contender, but I NEVER..in my imagination expected this..EVER.

And congrats to Silva, what a great fighter!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
spearsoldier said:
Thats retarded.

Anderson is the UFC middleweight champion. Hes a UFC fighter now. **** what Pride nuthuggies want to say.
thank you for calling my post retarded and than backing that up by posting irrelevant information. yes, we know he's the middleweight champion, that fact is crawling over the front page of this messageboard. shrewd guy over here.

ding dong! mr. obvious here.. anderson wasn't always ufc; he fought several fights in the pride league. comparisons and observations will be drawn.

sorry son.:thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts