Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Franklin Opens Up About Silva Loss; Kerr Talks IFL


"the training vibe was different, and I came in feeling flat"

On the wanting to fight in the clinch he said his camp figured that "I was going to come in 10 lbs heavier and it would be easy for me to come in and man handle him in the clinch"


"I fealt like a deer in headlights after his knees to my ribs"
 
  • Like
Reactions: asskicker

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting, he doesn't say anything about being sick, and he says fans are always looking for an exuse why a fighter loses.
Talks a little about his nose too and about surgery.
He says he is out for only 45 days. As long as things heal perfectly.
He said the Feb. Card would be pushing it... (that sucks)

"for 3 days after my fight i sat in my hotel room watching traffic"

says his loss is going to motivate him.
but he did say for him he fighting was "unexeceptable" and "below par"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pt447 said:
strange, seems like he's admitting he wasn't the better man that night. i love how fans awlays find ways to herofy theiry fav's just so they don't have to admit that anyone can lose, at any time!

he lost... get over it everyone!

Yeah he pretty much said his training was off and he went in there a little flat and got beat up. Didn't make any exuses or any mention of being sick.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damone said:
I like how Franklin doesn't make any excuses. The guy is just a class act.

Yeah, he could have easily said he had the flu!

I loved it when Griffin beat Bonnar and said he had an enflamed Vagina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Franklin is a class act. Im not saying he was sick or he wasnt but this proves nothing. Rich may not have wanted to make excuse and kudos to him. That, or he was telling the truth I dont know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
You can tell that Franklin is the kind of guy that is going to push himself to the next level after this. The guy strives to be the best, I think it pushes him to that next level and forces himself to do the training he does. I believe he's going to push himself even harder, come back even stronger, and land an eventual rematch with Silva.
 

·
Free Thinker
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
exactley! he got his ass handed to him, for whatever reasons, and he's gunna go to the drawing board and work the hell out of himself for one amazing rematch!!! just think of what that fight will look like with rich prepared and ready!!! freaking fireworks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pt447 said:
exactley! he got his ass handed to him, for whatever reasons, and he's gunna go to the drawing board and work the hell out of himself for one amazing rematch!!! just think of what that fight will look like with rich prepared and ready!!! freaking fireworks!

Yeah, sometimes the best thing for a guy is a loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
maybe he will get smart and train with miletech(spelling may be off) full time, cause like it or not, they breed a great set of fighters, besides tim silvia, and if he would just stay there fir a long period of time, he would have great training, he already has an insane workout set up.......he would walk in 100 times better than he did the first time
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
"Besides Tim Sylvia." :laugh:


You have no idea what you are talking about. He is one of the Militech Camps best students. They took him in and trained him and within his second fight in the UFC he was a World Chamion. He is now a two time World Champion.


There have only been three guy's in UFC history to hold a World Title twice and two of those are Militech guy's (Matt Hughes being the other).


Pogo
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
AtomDanger said:
Franklin Opens Up About Silva Loss; Kerr Talks IFL


"the training vibe was different, and I came in feeling flat"

On the wanting to fight in the clinch he said his camp figured that "I was going to come in 10 lbs heavier and it would be easy for me to come in and man handle him in the clinch"


"I fealt like a deer in headlights after his knees to my ribs"

good post!
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
I really like Rich Franklin! Train hard, win fights, come up with a better game plan, and get your belt back! You can do it Ace!
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
ehhh, I still cringe when I think about that nose being reset in the locker room! I cringed even more when I heard the troubles he had after the surgery!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bonnar426 said:
ehhh, I still cringe when I think about that nose being reset in the locker room! I cringed even more when I heard the troubles he had after the surgery!

Yeah *shudder*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
No offense to the guy but his fans truly turned me against him, I hope when he does come back and gets his rematch, Silva gets him to the ground and will submit him.

Excuse...after excuse...after excuse, the all American boy on TUF2 got his tail whipped by a foreigner who doesnt speak a lick of English so now these UFC nuthuggers make every excuse in the book..

It's a shame too, Rich is my favorite middleweight in the UFC, too bad he has a piss poor fanbase.
 

·
LHW Champ
Joined
·
781 Posts
its always the same you know that. PJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 2 " it was only because bj got hurt buhu". GSP vs BJ Penn "Penn won that fight did you see GSPs face Buhu" exuses all the time, nothing to worry about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Rich should have had one tuneup fight after such a long layoff. He probably had ring rust and was a little scared/insecure in the ring after such a long layoff. Especially considering Silva's excellent skill and coming off such a domination of Leban
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
pfffftt

Pogo the Clown said:
"Besides Tim Sylvia." :laugh:
You have no idea what you are talking about. He is one of the Militech Camps best students. They took him in and trained him and within his second fight in the UFC he was a World Chamion. He is now a two time World Champion.
There have only been three guy's in UFC history to hold a World Title twice and two of those are Militech guy's (Matt Hughes being the other).
Pogo
Pffftt 2 time heavy weight champ...big deal...who is his competition? Cabbage and AA? There are only like 3 - 5 people still fighting in the HW division. Tim Sylvia is a chump that enjoys an excellent pant poopin'! All i know is in Squash if you get your opponent to get so overwhelmed he pukes...he looses...so that being said...if you shit your pants...you loose!

Secondly...Matt Hughes is going to loose his precious belt to GSP and then loose his Xyience commercials because they show him as the champ...just like Rich. Havent seen that commercial lately! Do you use Xyience Mr Franklin? ...Every Day!

NaChOmAmA
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top