Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of anyone presently in the ufc i feel ace has as good a chance as any to beat chuck..franklin can strike with chuck, and i believe he probably has better submissions too..i dont see him submitting chcuk but i see this as beeing the biggest fight the ufc could produce out of all the fighters they currently have signed...i think this would be an awesome fight..if franklin doesnt get knocked out early i believe he could win a decision

·
Registered
76 Posts
jdun11 said:
out of anyone presently in the ufc i feel ace has as good a chance as any to beat chuck..franklin can strike with chuck, and i believe he probably has better submissions too..i dont see him submitting chcuk but i see this as beeing the biggest fight the ufc could produce out of all the fighters they currently have signed...i think this would be an awesome fight..if franklin doesnt get knocked out early i believe he could win a decision
It's interesting that you bring that up, because the UFC has been discussing this dream match since a little before liddel vs cotoure 3, it might still be in the works, because if tito beat shamrock, he gets a shot at the title, but won't happen untill super saturday, so that leaves about 6 months till that fight, and in between revenue would probably be slow, since both tito and chuck aren't on the market, unless they get that dream match with chuck and franklin and that would probably be in november if i could guess, thats if it were to happen. . . . but yeah, my money would be on franklin. . . .

·
Registered
302 Posts
The UFC hasn't talked about them since Franklin went down to MW. And this is as redudant as your Silva/Fedor question. Why would the UFC want to hurt one of their champions reputation? Business-wise it's not smart at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think they are both good in their own rights but I don't think I would like to see them fight each other because of the weight class thing. Franklin is more strategic and calculated where Liddell is just a street type fighter, not a whole lot of strategy just keep punching and kicking until someone goes down. I like the fact that they both dominated their weight classes.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
enough about this weight class bull shit..franklin is a big guy...hed be a pretty big light heavy weight..and wats all this stuff about they both have titles..so wat! its the biggest fight that the ufc could put on , and whoever wins they could have 2 or 3 rematches and make money off that..say if chuck won in a close fight do u think franklin would lose his fan base and that the ufc would lose revenue..ur out of ur mind everyone would respect franklins skills even more..the belts mean abosolutley nuttin...the fans care about whos fighting not who is fightin for the belt..look at the most recent fights that everyone was excited about, tito forrest, gracie hughes, gsp bj, tito shamrock...u barely hear ne thing about silvia arlovski.....all anyone cares about is if the fight is intriguing and has some time of soap opera appeal or its just a great matchup....and if u could find me a better ufc fight..id like to hear it

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
I was checking out old threads and I came across this one! Anyways, I would have agreed with you a month ago but after he got decimated by Silva, I don't see it happening!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wombatsu said:
maybe at 195 pounds it would be interesting....

10+ and -
When 2 guys like them step in the ring its allways interesting

·
Registered
253 Posts
jdun11 said:
I have lost sleep thinking about this

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts
I would love to see this fight,these guys are two of my favorites fighters

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
franklin would put up for a few rounds but he would have to just run away the whole fight to get a unanimous loss. If he tried to actually strike with chuck hed get ktfo and he wouldent be able to get it down. liddel by round 3 ko punch to the melon

·
FITPLUS Muay Thai
1,045 Posts
JawShattera said:
franklin would put up for a few rounds but he would have to just run away the whole fight to get a unanimous loss. If he tried to actually strike with chuck hed get ktfo and he wouldent be able to get it down. liddel by round 3 ko punch to the melon
Be reasonable....can you actually picture Franklin RUNNING AWAY?....no

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts
murrayjb said:
Be reasonable....can you actually picture Franklin RUNNING AWAY?....no
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutley not, Franklin definitley would give it his all

·
Registered
891 Posts
he'd get crushed by chuck...to good a counter puncher

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
no see what im sayin is that franklin woudlent even be able to give his best offensive attacks in fear of getting ktfo, chuck and franklin would feel eachother out in the first round, whoever wins this round doesent really matter much. In the second i think franklin will begin launching more offensive strikes and chuck will be well prepared. then at some point chuck will catch franklin and knock him out. I think ali star overeem is just as good of a striker as franklin and chuck caught him pretty easily after he got his number. Once the iceman gets your number and lands that big ko your done for.Franklin will look to clinch, and take him down but the iceman will have none of it and franklin wil be ktfo at some point early or late.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anderson Silva vs Chuck would be a much more intersting matchup with disgustingly accurate strikes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts