Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched a replay of the fight and couldn't believe the look in Rich's eyes as he was getting pulverized. You really feel badly for the guy because it was like he was ready to say "Mercy". There were a couple of moments you see Rich looking right into Silva's eyes as he twisted sideways. Then he actually looked away for a moment as if to say "there's nothing more I can do ... I'm going down". I don't think anyone comes back psychologically from that ... mark my words, Rich will NEVER beat Silva again

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
toritedo2006 said:
its hard to beat silva *again* if you havent beaten him once
Very true my friend.
There is a rumor that he had the flu dierria and was throwing up allot. and it’s everywhere looking at Franklin on his way in and on the preflight interview he did look kind of sick or something. Watch the pre fight interviews you’ll see that he is always breathing out of his mouth and his eyelids are sagging and he has a big spot under uis left eye

·
Registered
24 Posts
he did appear *extremely* defeated. not just physically, but mentally. it looked like he was having a hard time talking to randy in the post-fight interview. maybe that was just his nose, though lol

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I would have a hard time talking too with a flat nose and probably broken ribs. Anyway I wouldnt be surprised if I heard Rich was sick or something for this fight, I hope he was. If he was he could come back and at least make an interesting fight. Because no one else in the division can. Maybe if hes 100% he'll have confidence. Then again maybe he was 100% and got killed anyway. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There's no doubt Rich will be back, most likely a better fighter this time around. He'll study that fight a lot and try to improve where he was dominated (most specifically his clinch work). He's the kind of fighter that isn't thick headed enough to know where he needs improvement. I think he'll look at this fight, have a couple of comeback fights, and he'll soon be headed back to a rematch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.