Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone think before the fight that Anderson looked composed. Franklin looked scared to me. Don't be afraid to call me noob or retard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think everyone is a lil intimidated when going up against a striker like that, but he shoulda taken the fght to the ground, dont throw hands with sum1 like that to prove sumthin, get the win off of a submission, its not the easy way out, its the smart way through the fight

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
onthebrink2 said:
Don't be afraid to call me noob or retard.
Dude, lol, don't say that man. Stand your ground, no one would have known you were a noob or a retard if you didn't say that :laugh: Too funny man.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
onthebrink2 said:
Did anyone think before the fight that Anderson looked composed. Franklin looked scared to me. Don't be afraid to call me noob or retard.
No I definatly thought he looked scarred. I thought he was scarred because he knew in the back of his head he was finally fighting a better striker and a better BJJ fighter. So what really could he have done.

·
Registered
332 Posts
onthebrink2 said:
Im with you on this. I think Franklin was timid partly because he had such a lengthy lay off and also because he was a fraid of breaking his hand again.

·
Registered
542 Posts
onthebrink2 said:
Not at all man .. people have been saying that all day on the forums ... you're right ... Franklin didn't come with his mental game intact ... guy looked scared, which raises a lot of concerns for a rematch whether he's mentally tough enough to overcome

·
Registered
279 Posts
fenderman80 said:
Im with you on this. I think Franklin was timid partly because he had such a lengthy lay off and also because he was a fraid of breaking his hand again.
Nah, watch closely as he tries a left hand and gets countered by a short jab.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I said the same thing. He didn't come in with confidence whatsoever. Anderson looked like he was very hungry and wanted it. But Rich on the other hand, didn't look mentally prepared..I mentioned as soon as he walked into the octagon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's wisdom:

Franklin was scared. He felt confident up til that moment when he heard the ill fated "it's time Rich". In the weeks leading up to the fight he had confided in his wife "I don't think I'm gonna win this one baby (deeply sighing)." This clearly explains the concern in her eyes prefight. She's already dreamed what her husband CLEARLY knew and what the world was about to witness. And that is a first class ass handing by one professional combat sport athlete to another.

Or could it be that something mysterious was in his water mixture...oops forgot fight did'nt go that far.....

or maybe he had some bad fish.....no no no...waitwaitwaitwait...IgotitIgotit!

He incurred the deadly skin infection suffered by all the fighters during his stint on TUF. That's it...that's it. :cool: :D

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
The constant topics about the same damn subjects, and overanalyzation of something that doesn't need to be overanalayzed. Franklin lost, people, he didn't have the plague going in, and Dana didn't conjure up some elaborate scheme to work a fight, that resulted in one guys nose to get knee'd to oblivion.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Dude, lol, don't say that man. Stand your ground, no one would have known you were a noob or a retard if you didn't say that :laugh: Too funny man.:laugh:
he's saying not to yell noob cause most people assume guys with low post counts on forums are new to the topic the forum is about... lilke everyone has always been on the forum during their entire time of watching MMA...

those people, are internet morons who base their life on their forum post counts!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
screenamesuck said:
Well we got two people that could be in Zoolander now. Kenflo looks like Stiller and now Rich looks like Owen Wilson
Didn't Kenflo play a small part in MEET THE FOCKERS (Meet the Parents 2) He was the love child...right?) Rich Franklin is a great guy, but he looks like Jim Carey from "ME, MYSELF, AND IRENE."

·
Registered
55 Posts
There were a bunch of us watching it last night and even the guys who were cheering for Silva commented on it before the fight and during. I rewinded the fight 10 times and there was just something up last night with Rich. He got beat fair and square but there was just something different about him in this fight. I would go as far as to say he was scared or he just knew something was wrong and knew what was about to happen. I Like Rich Franklin but there was just something off about him last night that I haven't seen from him before.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Corpse said:
There were a bunch of us watching it last night and even the guys who were cheering for Silva commented on it before the fight and during. I rewinded the fight 10 times and there was just something up last night with Rich. He got beat fair and square but there was just something different about him in this fight. I would go as far as to say he was scared or he just knew something was wrong and knew what was about to happen. I Like Rich Franklin but there was just something off about him last night that I haven't seen from him before.
I agree with this. And whose been calling people noobs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.