Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a pic of franklins nose yet?

That thing is ****ing SHATTERED/BROKE/DISCONNECTED any name you want thats what it is.

Post a pic asap i wanna show my buddy who couldn watch the fight (hes an idiot and didn take time off from training like i did lol)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
speedythief said:
Silva's muai-thai clinch is the next big thing in MMA.
Muai-Thai clinch? How about EVERYTHING? This guy himself is the next big thing, after tonight there's no question he is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. I dont mean this in no disrespect, just a simple question but have you seen Silvas older fights? It obviously shows he isnt no chump on the ground as well....just uh...he hasent shown it yet in the UFC :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
Muai-Thai clinch? How about EVERYTHING? This guy himself is the next big thing, after tonight there's no question he is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. I dont mean this in no disrespect, just a simple question but have you seen Silvas older fights? It obviously shows he isnt no chump on the ground as well....just uh...he hasent shown it yet in the UFC :laugh:
I mean it's what ppl are going to be talking about.

I wonder if Franklin even wants a rematch. That was devestating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muay Thai clinches have been around and used forever, im suprised those knees were so dominating to franklins side though. I know because its been done to me when your in the clinch you underhook and slam.

It almost seemed like silvia was franklin and franklin was one of his old victims. Seems like his game plan got thrown right out the window. I also don't understand how Silvia overpowered him in the clinch. Franklins normal size is more of a 205, i donno how he didn power out of it.

Im still in shock, but more just happy for sherk right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Franklins nose did look really bad. I see Silva being the next big champ if he dominated franklin like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet ya Hughes is PISSED and will probably go to fight Silva after TUF and GSP fight. If he still has the belt and everythings lined up right.

I think he might give Silva a hard time to. I think silva's only change against hughes would be stand up but seeing his accuracy its a good chance he could KO hughes like he did franklin. But im convinced that theres not a JJ fighter that could be Hughes, no matter what belt.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
I think he might give Silva a hard time to. I think silva's only change against hughes would be stand up but seeing his accuracy its a good chance he could KO hughes like he did franklin. But im convinced that theres not a JJ fighter that could be Hughes, no matter what belt.
You're joking right? Silva is absolutely no chump on the ground, if Hughes doesnt get clocked from shooting in to take down Silva, there's no way he'd dominate Silva like the rest of his opponents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
You're joking right? Silva is absolutely no chump on the ground, if Hughes doesnt get clocked from shooting in to take down Silva, there's no way he'd dominate Silva like the rest of his opponents.
I dont think that matt would beat silva but BJ is FARRR superior on the ground to any MW in the ufc. Including rich of silva
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
I bet ya Hughes is PISSED and will probably go to fight Silva after TUF and GSP fight. If he still has the belt and everythings lined up right.

I think he might give Silva a hard time to. I think silva's only change against hughes would be stand up but seeing his accuracy its a good chance he could KO hughes like he did franklin. But im convinced that theres not a JJ fighter that could be Hughes, no matter what belt.
There is no chance Hughes goes up a weight class because his buddy lost. Hughes is the king of the WW's right now. No need to give that up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Franklin didn't look 100% going in. But that's no excuse, he got dominated so badly. UFC needs to bring in fighters or something, cause the MW division really is thin. I don't see anyone who can possibly beat him. Mike Swick would get knocked out cold! I'm sure he is nervous now and wishes he took back his comments when he beat loiseau.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Many fighters around the world

I have been saying it for a long time.. There are many fighters from other orgs that would dominate in the ufc.... Crocop comes to mind and so does Silva... Both of them....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
That was the worst broken nose Ive ever seen. And Hughes would get dominated by Anderson by the way. I dont see him going through with his threat to come up and beat Silva if Rich lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
His nose was a mess, im surprised there wasn't much blood.

UFC doesn't have anyone to throw at Anderson now though... who's the contender? Mike Swick? Swick will get absolutely crushed. Patrick Cote is going to be crushed. The only thing UFC is going to have going now is WW and LW fights. There are a total of about 4 good HWs, 2 LHWs, and 1 MW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
You never know

Any fighter can be beaten on any given day..... People always just throw away old champs... Even if there record is outstanding 19-0-1.." O they are all washed up". I cant wait to see franklyn come in again against silva... He really needs to work on that Muay clinch..............
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top