Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just saw the whole Franklin/Silva fight...intro's and all. Is it me or was Rich Franklin's wife crying before the fight even began? I am sure it makes a spouse nervous to watch her husband walk into the Octagon; but, this seemed to be a lot more than just "nerves." Did anyone else notice this?

With the talk of Rich just not looking right before the fight, which I agree with by the way, it really makes you wonder what was up with him and the Franklin family before he faced Silva.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
IlliniPhil said:
OK, I just saw the whole Franklin/Silva fight...intro's and all. Is it me or was Rich Franklin's wife crying before the fight even began? I am sure it makes a spouse nervous to watch her husband walk into the Octagon; but, this seemed to be a lot more than just "nerves." Did anyone else notice this?

With the talk of Rich just not looking right before the fight, which I agree with by the way, it really makes you wonder what was up with him and the Franklin family before he faced Silva.
here we go again..this discussion is getting really old. no offense man but they subject has been beaten to death. but imo she probably has access to youtube.com just like all of us. and i'm sure she saw the leben fight. thats what wives do they cry, he used to be a school teacher remember??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still, wives of husbands who are 22-1 probably don't get so upset before every fight...she must have known rich was not in shape, or mentally not prepared.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not trying to start any new or fuel any old theories. I haven't seen a lot of Franklin fights to see how his wife has acted in the past. Just my .02 though, neither Mr or Mrs Franklin looked like they felt the belt was coming home with them that night.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I think Rich and his wife are both fully aware that MMA is a dangerous sport. Rich is not as cocky and confident as Hughes and Sylvia, like someone just said, he used to be a high school teacher. He didn't grow up fighting like Hughes did, he taught himself how to fight using instructional videos. My wife would be crying too if I had to fight Anderson Silva, champion or not the mother****er is scary.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well there are more rumours flying around that he was violently ill and was throwing up with flu-like syptoms. Take that for whats it worth like I said its rumour based only.

But it would explain "how he looked" before the fight and the twitching in his abdomen before the fight.

The above poster had a really good point that wives of fighters who are 22-1 are not prone to cry before fights. Lets face if she has access to youtube or more likely she saw her husbands fights before that, dam Rich has dished out some absolute brutal beatings to people.

Im not so sure she really new much about Anderson if anything at all.

Yeah its been beat'n to death but its a pretty viable excuse for his performance. If its true I would look to seem him come back and destroy about two guys then take sliva 5 rounds in the fight we all thought we would see.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Yeah, I think she was just worried about her husband! Not just the Silva fight but all his fights! Seriously, do you really think a fighters loved ones wants to see their man get there face smashed in! My mom would have a shit fit if she saw me getting a kick to the head!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Yeah, I think she was just worried about her husband! Not just the Silva fight but all his fights! Seriously, do you really think a fighters loved ones wants to see their man get there face smashed in! My mom would have a shit fit if she saw me getting a kick to the head!
my mom always says dont get your nose broken..lol..and hten she say but if you get caully flower ears im going to make fun of you..lamo. i love my mom.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
blackskimmer said:
Well there are more rumours flying around that he was violently ill and was throwing up with flu-like syptoms. Take that for whats it worth like I said its rumour based only.

But it would explain "how he looked" before the fight and the twitching in his abdomen before the fight.

The above poster had a really good point that wives of fighters who are 22-1 are not prone to cry before fights. Lets face if she has access to youtube or more likely she saw her husbands fights before that, dam Rich has dished out some absolute brutal beatings to people.

Im not so sure she really new much about Anderson if anything at all.

Yeah its been beat'n to death but its a pretty viable excuse for his performance. If its true I would look to seem him come back and destroy about two guys then take sliva 5 rounds in the fight we all thought we would see.
fine then i hope dana lines up a fight asap so we can find out. this is the only thing that sucks about fighting. there is always room for an excuse. i think we will see a repeat. i'll admit silva was having a hrad time drawing a bead with his hands. so he tried the clinch and it worked. i think the fight goes same way via the wand vs rampage fights.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Im not gonna make any excuses yet. But my guess is that some news about him being sick comes out. And if it does and it was a sickness that would majorly affect the fight then I really wanna see a rematch as soon as hes 100% and wins one fight. Give TUF 4 winner and Marquardt shots and have Franklin beat up Swick and make Swick go back in line.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
IlliniPhil said:

excuses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts