Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, BJ Penn lost tonight! Even though he had lost he put up a very good effort! He nearly submitted the man! That just goes to show that Tim Sylvia, who is a highly overrated fighter in my opinion, was wrong when he said that BJ's first victory was a fluke! BJ had the skills, the problem is he just gassed. Well, Do you think there will be a third fight in the next couple of years between Hughes and Penn? Or do you think Penn will go back down to the lightweight division? Or do you think he is finished in the UFC? Your Thoughts!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I personally think he shoudl drop back down. I think he would be awesome as a lightweight in the UFC. They need to start him lower in the division though, not as number 1 or 2 contender:dunno:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I think he will probably go to Japan and fight for a while in K-1, work his way back up again. Then come over here again and maybe fight St. Pierre in a rematch once St. Pierre takes the gold away from Hughes. I can picture Penn maybe fighting Karo Parisyan, but I don't see him jobbing to Diego Sanchez.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think there will definatly be a rematch sometime as long as BJ sticks around. then again maybe not cuz I can see Dana wanting to protect Hughes now that he redemed his loss. So itll probobly be up to Matt.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Toni said:
When it's 1/1 there should always be a third fight I think. :D

I definitely agree with you, Toni. I'd love to see a rematch and I say BJ Penn would win this time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
he should get himself into a camp that'll push him hard to fulfill the potential that he has within him, or switch up the trainers he has in his camp - something to help him with his conditioning....hes the most talented fighter in the game, but if he cant pace himself for a 5 round fight, whats the use....

i like the idea of him going up against Karo and/or Diego, and then if he passes those tests, getting another shot at the title, whether its GSP or Matt...

·
Registered
808 Posts
TheZar said:
he should get himself into a camp that'll push him hard to fulfill the potential that he has within him, or switch up the trainers he has in his camp - something to help him with his conditioning....hes the most talented fighter in the game, but if he cant pace himself for a 5 round fight, whats the use....

i like the idea of him going up against Karo and/or Diego, and then if he passes those tests, getting another shot at the title, whether its GSP or Matt...
I agree but I think he needs to win more than just one of those.......Maybe have to fight Karo/Diego, then fight the loser of Hughes/GSP, then on to title again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bj needs to get off the high horse and CONDITION!! Hes a better fighter PERIOD! To anyone who trains. Its sad to me that the better man lost because he's lazy...maybe he's not the better man. All i know is GsP is gonna mop the ****IN floor with Matt's bloody mushy limp body!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
A conditioned BJ would probobly beat Matt and GSP fairly easily IMO. But thats just the way it is. hes not conditioned and he may never be. Im sure he doesnt work that hard but some guys no matter how hard they work just cant get to the point where they have great cardio

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
its not like he wasnt training at the time. he had a fight coming up. he should have been good to go.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
wow u have no idea how impressed I am with BJ..what i fight, if he isnt the most naturally gifted fighter in the world , i dunno who is..wow those first two round he looked unbeatable..i hope next time he takes Tito up on his offer and goes up to big bear and gets his cardio improved..but bj is still only 27 this kid is far from done, he will wear that welterweight belt again i guarantee it.. I CANT SAY ENOUGH HOW MUCH THAT GUY IMPRESSED ME TONITE...MY JAW IS STILL ON THE FLOOR FROM THAT BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY OF BJJ

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CTFlyingKnee said:
future for Penn? drop down and try to take the LW title ahaaaaaaaaa
If he can take on Hughes like that, Sherk or Florian (Positive it will be Sherk) will have their hands full!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bj impressed the hell out of us today....well for 2 rounds he dominated. He gassed so bad, but he will be back and we will win a belt again some day soon. He needs to train with Tito's gang - This is a must do once you loose a coupla fights - hes gotta change a few things up.

He is IMO a much better technical fighter than all others at 170 but he is not fullfilling his potential.

He will be back....remember this is all BJ does.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i hope that matt huges beats gst and sanchez so we can see huges penn 3

·
Registered
428 Posts
lilstuch114 said:
i hope that matt huges beats gst and sanchez so we can see huges penn 3
That might be nice, but let's be serious....Hughes is not getting past St. Pierre.
It would be nice to see an "in shape" Penn though.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
What a disgrace!!!!

Matt was right to call BJ out of shape. I love it when these guys CLAIM how bad they want it and what they are made of, then get into the Octagon and completely gas. All of you who are so "impressed" with BJ need to rethink your opinion. Isn't the same as saying Tank Abbott would have been unstoppable if he just trained a little bit. BJ should become a banker or something less physical so he doesn't get hurt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.