Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino set for UFC 116

Posted by Nathan Cairns on Monday, April 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2010/04/19/george-sotiropoulos-vs-kurt-pellegrino-set-for-ufc-116/

A lightweight matchup between title contenders George Sotiropoulos and Kurt Pellegrino has been pencilled in for UFC 116 on July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The news of the anticipated match up comes courtesy of a recent report from MMAMania.

Sotiropoulos (12-2-0) is currently riding a six-fight win streak and is yet to taste defeat inside the Octagon while Pellegrino (16-4-0) also looks in the best form of his career having won his last four on the trot.

Both men will enter the bout on the back of big hometown victories with the Aussie dominating Joe Stevenson back at UFC 110 in Sydney, Australia and “Batman” throttling Fabricio Camoes at last month’s UFC 111 in Newark, New Jersey.

UFC 116 will be headlined by returning heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar as he puts his title on the line against interim champ Shane Carwin.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Interesting Match-up. Both guys looked very good in their last 2 fights, but I see Sotiropoulous taking it. I'd say he's technically better than Pellegrino in terms of striking and especially grappling. Should be an entertaining fight.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I am realy looking forward to this fight.
After George beat Stevenson and Pellegrino won his last fight, i had a strange feeling these two would meet. I've also posted, that this would be a very good fight for both of them. I give the slight advantage to George, but it's a close one imo.
Can't wait.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Kinda seems almost like a step down for George after working Stevenson. I thought he was gonna get a bigger name fight. Either way Pelligrino is tough and I could see this being a really good fight. I would go with George still.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Hopefully Sotiropoulos will knock some more of Kurt's teeth out. I'm really hoping this doesn't go like the Neer fight.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Kinda seems almost like a step down for George after working Stevenson. I thought he was gonna get a bigger name fight. Either way Pelligrino is tough and I could see this being a really good fight. I would go with George still.

:)
The winner should get the next shot at the strap,imo

·
Registered
234 Posts
In terms of improvement, Kurt has gotten way better each time he's fought. But I don't think it will be enough to overcome George.

I see a close, competitive fight here with the edge to George. But Kurt is young, very strong, and always getting better. Tough call

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'll take na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaan!

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Sick fight, two of my favourite LW's - but I see George subbing Pellegrino in the 2nd, I don't see him losing.

Gotta put some creds on George in this one ;)

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I see this as a step down for George. No disrespect to Kurt, but George tooled Joe, and he's better imo then Kurt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts