Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a tad premature to start a band wagon, but it's better to jump on the bandwagon of a prospect early, than to jump on it late, and that's why I'm making this thread. Gerald Harris has had 3 fights in the UFC, but is still largely unknown. Those 3 fights came against fellow up and comers in John Salter, Mario Miranda and Dave Branch; he knocked Salter out and earned knockout of the night, then TKO'd Miranda before slamming Dave Branch (a Renzo Gracie BJJ Black belt) through the mat to pick up his 2nd KO of the night in 3 fights.

He has a decent background in Wrestling, and was actually featured on the Ultimate Fighter Season 7, losing to eventual winner Amir Sadollah in his 2nd fight in the house. He was supposedly close to signing for Bellator, but rang into MMA Junkie radio when Dana White was a guest, informing Dana that he wanted to fight for the UFC and told Dana about his winning streak. That call got him a meeting with the UFC, and inevitably a contract.

Harris seems like a really cool guy too. Have just been reading his interview on MMA Junkie and he comes across very well. He's willing to fight anyone the UFC put in front of him, and showed some real sportsmanship in his fight last weekend, not hitting Branch after realising he had knocked him out with the slam. He trains at a good camp (Grudge Training Centre with Nate Marquardt), is willing to fight anyone, and is putting on good fights, getting impressive victories. I'm on the bandwagon, and am looking forward to seeing how he goes in the future. I'd like to see him take a step up in competition now, and fight someone like Kendall Grove, Aaron Simpson or Patrick Cote. Anyone joining me on the bandwagon early?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm mixed right now. He's a cool guy for sure, and the way that last fight ended was sick, but up until that point it was a pretty boring fight and his unorthodox stance annoys me more than impresses me. I will of course keep an eye on the guy. Slam KO's are the best.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He wasn't looking too great in his last fight until the end. He has looked good overall in the UFC but he has a long way to go in improving his BJJ and striking before he can be a serious contender.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
People will probably call BS on this, but I have kinda followed him since I saw him on TUF. Tbh I thought he could have continued against Amir if I remember correct, was it a knee that dropped him?

Anyway comes across as a really nice dude and really wish the best for him.

WAR Hurricane!

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
People will probably call BS on this, but I have kinda followed him since I saw him on TUF. Tbh I thought he could have continued against Amir if I remember correct, was it a knee that dropped him?

Anyway comes across as a really nice dude and really wish the best for him.

WAR Hurricane!
Yeah it was actually a nasty knee shot that both knocked him down and broke/twisted his ankle. He was on crutches for the rest of the season so Amir did take him out on TUF we just never got the full story. Amir would have likely killed him in round three anyways, his only chance to pick up the win would have been with a judges screwing that would take away the 3rd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.