Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm resurrecting this thread because I don't want to start a new one. Tried using the search function, but apparently "gi" is too short a word to be searched.
I'm looking for a good priced, sturdy Judo/BJJ gi, preferreably double weave. I don't like having tons of labels on them like the Atama BJJ ones. Also I live in Canada, so if anyone can reccommend something local, or a store that has really low shipping to Canada, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
575 Posts
IronMan said:
$30-40????? must be either used, or some paper thin single weave off named brand.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
look up the word "judogi" or "dogi"
i preferre double weaves over singles, due to duribility. i have a mizuno eurocomp & 2 rickson gracie conquest, and i have 7632405763 single weaves hsu & golden tiger. the mizuno and rickson too a second for me to get used to wearing because i wore so many cheap singles, and had many that was passed down to me. so when i had purchased my first double weave it felt like i was wearing armor, and felt very restricted. but like everything over time it formed, broke down and i wear it well, even though the lapel and the shoulders are still holding hard which helps me in comp, due to the fact it makes it easier to slip grips from those spots

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have these in stock;
BJJ gis and Kimonos . Let us help you pick the right gi for you.

I also carry the Mizuno and Adidas line of gis. If you are doing both Judo and BJJ comps then you will want to go with a Judo gi since BJJ gis will not be allowed at the Judo comps.

We do ship to Canada and we ship via USPS and we only charge what they charge us.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Which ones are your Judo Gi's and which ones are for BJJ only?

·
Registered
575 Posts
SSFgear said:
All the ones on the website are BJJ but I carry the entire Mizuno and Adidas Judo line.

SSFgear.com; the best gear at the best price.

what is your price for a eurocomp, white, 3? (+shipping to california)

also i seen a few years back an adidas jumpsuit that was hybrid gi..... if you know what i am saying, it had sleaves and shoulders of a gi but the rest was a jumpsuit...

·
Registered
27 Posts
kishiro said:
what is your price for a eurocomp, white, 3? (+shipping to california)

also i seen a few years back an adidas jumpsuit that was hybrid gi..... if you know what i am saying, it had sleaves and shoulders of a gi but the rest was a jumpsuit...

I can find out the prices tonight when I get to te shop. I don't think they make that jumpsuit any longer.

What is your height and weight? The EuroComp is a hard gi to size.

·
Registered
575 Posts
SSFgear said:
I can find out the prices tonight when I get to te shop. I don't think they make that jumpsuit any longer.

What is your height and weight? The EuroComp is a hard gi to size.

5'6", 145lbs... size 3 everything fits good at the start, but the euros hold size well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
-Lukas- said:
Which ones are your Judo Gi's and which ones are for BJJ only?

judogi for the most part depending on makers, much looser fitting sleaves, longer skirt, wider in the pant leg, and you don't look like a nascar diver with all the patches sewn on to every part of gi.
with my mizuno brand gis it is harder for people to secure a sure grip, due to the thickness, and stiffness of the gi, helps alot..

·
Registered
350 Posts
kishiro said:
$30-40????? must be either used, or some paper thin single weave off named brand.....
I got mine from my instructor for 40 bucks, its a Kodokan(sp?) and its pretty nice. She must have some sort of deal though.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
jdubkrew said:
Where are you guys buying your gi's for the best price?
What type of Gi are you talking about and what are your price limits.

Well i can only be useful for Judogi's

Good Brands are

Mizuno
Toraki
Adidas
Warrior(IMO best cheap Judogi brand around)

·
Thug Life
4,344 Posts
A friend of mine wears a gi that looks so funny to me that not a day has gona by when I didn't make fun of him for it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wawaweewa said:
A friend of mine wears a gi that looks so funny to me that not a day has gona by when I didn't make fun of him for it.

i always want to laugh at the walking billboards i see, with 10 pounds of patches.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My school just started a gi class. We're only doing 2 nights a week so I just picked up a cheap HSU judo gi. I haven't received it yet, but I'll post again with my review.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ron has a fine gi collection.. anything on the SSF website is a good buy... you will never regret anything from them..

ive owned HCK's unbleached one and they are a good brand... but my current favorite are Padilla and Sons Kimonos... well made and affordable.. not exactly 40 dollars more like 80-90 but they will last a long long while...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts