Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I hate how everyone wants to discredit Werdum, that was a thing of beauty and everyone wants to blame, Fedor, the cage, Overeem, Frank Shamrock or the guy sitting in the first row. Fact is Werdum is one of the best in the world when it hits the ground and Fedor wasn't prepared to deal with that.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Fedors aggressiveness was hes undoing, he had lots of time to easyily move to side control but chose not to and instead tried to pound him out from guard while not even worrying once about getting caught from one of the best Jits fighters in the division. I think Fedor will absoultley maul him in the rematch though, if it happens.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I cheered when he tapped, so I'm not making excuses. Just thought it was an interesting talking point in the ongoing debate between ring and cage (FWIW I like the cage better).

·
Registered
603 Posts
I hate how everyone wants to discredit Werdum, that was a thing of beauty and everyone wants to blame, Fedor, the cage, Overeem, Frank Shamrock or the guy sitting in the first row. Fact is Werdum is one of the best in the world when it hits the ground and Fedor wasn't prepared to deal with that.
I agree mate, how can anyone discredit Fabricio, he got dropped,had the discipline to deal with that and catch arguably the best overall fighter in MMA in a sub, how anyone can say he used the cage is dumb, yes he pushed off it, is that illegal?....no.
Did he hold on to the cage no, FEDOR didn't complain either.
He got dropped and did an excellent job in getting the sub, just a shame it had to be against one of my favourite fighters, but congratulations Fabricio no one can have any excuses you won fair and square.

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
I agree mate, how can anyone discredit Fabricio, he got dropped,had the discipline to deal with that and catch arguably the best overall fighter in MMA in a sub, how anyone can say he used the cage is dumb, yes he pushed off it, is that illegal?....no.
Did he hold on to the cage no, FEDOR didn't complain either.
He got dropped and did an excellent job in getting the sub, just a shame it had to be against one of my favourite fighters, but congratulations Fabricio no one can have any excuses you won fair and square.
In the OP's deffence, i don't think he was complaining about Werdums use of the cage, more pointing out how he used it well to his advantage :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Fedors aggressiveness was hes undoing, he had lots of time to easyily move to side control but chose not to and instead tried to pound him out from guard while not even worrying once about getting caught from one of the best Jits fighters in the division. I think Fedor will absoultley maul him in the rematch though, if it happens.
I feel bad for who ever he fights next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts