Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then a big, bad dude comes in off the street and wants to roll with guys at our gym, and you never know what to expect.
I usually let him take me down/pull guard, get a high guard, pop his elbow off to the side, crunch him in and reach over and pull myself to his back and go for a RNC;
if that doesn't work I usually pull on one of his arms and 9 times out of 10 he pulls it back and I catch him in a triangle.
What do you guys find that works best against bigger, stronger noobs??

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I just kinda sit and wait ( we start on knees usually) let them be aggressive and try to bowl me over, shoot back and hit em with a snap down straight to a guillotine. If they don't shoot forward right away, I start messing with them. Pushing shoulder followed by opposite hip try to shove em side to side a little bit, soon as an arm comes forward arm drag and step behind and slide up the arm for the RNC.

I always love going for chokes on guys bigger/stronger than me. They can be as strong as Lesnar, I get that choke locked in they tap. (course im 6' 240lbs, being bigger than me takes some effort)

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
Same technique every time. Pull guard -> Rubber Guard -> Invisible Hook Sweep -> Gogoplata from mount. Works great and almost all the time if you don't know how I grapple.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Every now and then a big, bad dude comes in off the street and wants to roll with guys at our gym, and you never know what to expect.
I usually let him take me down/pull guard, get a high guard, pop his elbow off to the side, crunch him in and reach over and pull myself to his back and go for a RNC;
if that doesn't work I usually pull on one of his arms and 9 times out of 10 he pulls it back and I catch him in a triangle.
What do you guys find that works best against bigger, stronger noobs??
I'm a pretty small guy (5'8;155 right now, though usually closer to 145), and I find that when I roll with street-grunts, the most fun thing to do is let them get on top, sweep them from the deep half guard, go to side control and spin around them with my chest hair in their face before locking up an armbar or a guillotine (depending on which they feed me).

It's really simple, and incredibly demoralizing.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
This depends on my mood. If I am in an adventerous mood, I will try to lock in things that I can't normally do against other grapplers. If I want to show them whats up, I usually like to be on the bottom and I go for a triangle, if they slip out, they usually leave their arm behind at which point I transition to an armbar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.