Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goldberg - I don't know if its a work or not but Goldy is kind of an idiot lol But sill very funny very charismatic. has that *nice guy* look that really gets over with most fans. Him and Joe make a great team. Knows more then the aveage fan about the sport but seems to mess up holds alot.

Ranallo - Very charismatic announcer that really gets you into the fight.
Knows alot about the sport of MMA, on the ground and stand up. Him and Shamrock together I find...ok. Him and Bas had a real good connection with each other.

Closing -I think Joe and Goldi are better together the Mauro and Frank. Yes Goldie and Joe have been together longer but after the first show together, I could tell as a fan that they had something.

Who do you prefer??

for me ?
Yo yo yo and away we goooo!!!!

I've been and Ranallo fan for quite awhile now. I like Goldie but prefer Mauro.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Mauro's problem is that while he's more knowledgeable than Mike -- or at least seems to be -- he's not very good at explaining himself to his audience. He makes a lot of very vague references and has an annoying habit of using only a fighter's first or last name.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Mauro's problem is that while he's more knowledgeable than Mike -- or at least seems to be -- he's not very good at explaining himself to his audience. He makes a lot of very vague references and has an annoying habit of using only a fighter's first or last name.
Mauro would smoke Mike like a blunt at a snoop dogg concert.:thumbsup:

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I don't like either team Mauro/Bas was awesome I'd like to see an amalgamation of announce teams and go with Mauro/Mir for M&M greatness.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll go with Mauro, but I'm probably biased because of all the work he does up here in Canada, eh.

Goldie's cool but he makes alot of dumb (yet funny) mistakes. He still ranks higher than over 90% of commentators for other organizations. There are some terrrible ones out there.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Mauro is very knowledgeable but I get a strong douche vibe from him and he is a shameless company whore to the point of idiocy (i.e. Petruzelli beats Slice and there's Mauro with this gem; "THE GREATEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF MMA!!11!!1")

Ugh. You don't have to lie through your teeth promote your org/fighter. stfu.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
No comparison, Mauro may be way more knowledgeable but Goldie just gets me into the fight more and dammit "its all over!!!" WAR GOLDIE!!!

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
I can't stand Mauro for some reason...and that whole Strikeforce announcing team annoys me. I like Joe and Goldie. They always get me excited for the fights like no other team, unless you added Bas in there. And don't get me started on Schiavello again... :sarcastic05:

During the Miller/Shields fight when Miller had Shields in that RNC and made it to the bell one of them actually said that he made it out by holding his breath... :confused03: WTF..

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Goldberg and Rogan all the way. (and they probably have)

Mauro Ranallo's voice and over-the-top commentary drive me bonkers. I actually have zero intention of buying the upcoming EA MMA game just because I can't stand his voice.

We've heard these guys all long enough that we aren't going to love everything they say/do but aside from Rogan's arrogance and bias he's a great commentator. Goldberg is just Goldberg... but that's fine with me.

I've enjoyed commentary by Bas quite a bit. I also really enjoyed Frank Trigg's commentary. I think Couture is a good ambasador for the sport but not a great commentator. Florian has done a solid job. I like Mir but he gets a bit heavy handed with the BJJ commentary and jumping the gun on submissions.

I'm tired, hence the ramble.

·
Live right and every other day is a good one to di
1,431 Posts
Goldberg. I've never had anything agaisnt Ranallo beyond that he is so over the top... but after the way he took like 20 jabs at Shields and his standup. It was sickening. Does he think he is the star, not the fighters? argh.

he started by saying that Jake took exception to his calling his striking lackluster previously... ok. Thanks for bringing us up to date. But then he goes on and on about it all fight? Taking jabs at Shields, calling that first round Mayhems for the last 17 seconds of action he was able to muster up? He's a total tool.

Goldberg may ask some dumb questions as a foil for Joe, and may too be a little over the top, but at least he doesn't hate on fighters ad nasuem like that. that was so rediculous. what a pos premadona and cry baby.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can't stand Goldberg. The way he cocks his head lovingly next to Rogan at the start and end of the broadcast. His incessant love of using annoying expressions like "they're here to throw some leather" (this isn't some S&M contest) and how he always refers to Joe Rogan as "partner" (he probably wishes).

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
Oh hai Toxic, you post good. Mauro knows a shit ton about MMA but something about him rubs me the wrong way. I always felt like he was being condescending.
You took the thoughts right out of my brain with your Cornbready delisciousness!

·
Registered
92 Posts
this is like asking if i'd rather be deaf or blind. i think almost all the mma announcers suck. bas is entertaining, mir is ok, but after that? it's all downhill. i think kenflo has a shot at being a good announcer and truth be told, i kinda like frank shamrock. but the announcer i like the best is me, when i turn the sound off and scream like an idiot during a great fight. lol.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
this is like asking if i'd rather be deaf or blind. i think almost all the mma announcers suck. bas is entertaining, mir is ok, but after that? it's all downhill. i think kenflo has a shot at being a good announcer and truth be told, i kinda like frank shamrock. but the announcer i like the best is me, when i turn the sound off and scream like an idiot during a great fight. lol.[/QUOT

I hate mir and kenflo announcing.. Even more then goldberg. Gold berg was alright until I had to listen to him on the debut of COckChestnar and he went ape shit cause of a fellow wwf alumni.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts