Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really would like to see this fight but if GG lost, it would be devastating for his career becuase it would solidify his status as a gatekeeper but anyway i am kinda thinking it will come down to who has the better gameplan as i see murr having a slight advantage in the stand up while gonzaga on the ground but either could KO each other standing

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I think Mir could win this fight as he has better stand up. If he comes in with the same game plan he had during the Nog fight he will do well. GG stands a better chance if he can get Mir in the clinch.

GG has the better ground game but Mir is good enough there to nullify anything that GG brings in.

Neither of these guys have the chin to stand with the big boys, sadly......

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Neither have a chin? Both were destroyed by the likes of Carwin and Mir to Lesnar...both of the most powerful guys in the division. I wouldn't be so cruel as to say either of them don't have a chin.

I'd take Mir. He seems to have more cardio in later rounds then Gonzaga.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I dont think this fight should happen. Gonzaga has dropped, what, 4 of his last six or seven fights? Mir should still be up with the top 4 or 5 in the class. Mir should face JDS next.

However, if this fight did happen, I would want Gonzaga to win. But he is so slow these days, it is hard to pick him. Mir definitely couldn't sub him. Mir by TKO.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I love how these threads pip up after a loss....MIR, but I'm not sure where to go from there....he needs to avoid the cage and clinch against the big guys and also did you see the oh **** look on Dana's face when the mega fight he planned to market was off???

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Since when cant Mir take a good shot?

Both Carwin and Brock gave him a shitload before he went out.

The problem is he allows himself to be trapped easily, doesnt contest the position and gets punched in the face repeatedly... and still doesnt move.

He really doesnt scramble or fight to get out of the clinch/cage. I know Carwin and Brock are megawrestlers but it doesnt even look like Frank made an effort to scramble or wriggle free.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Since when cant Mir take a good shot?

Both Carwin and Brock gave him a shitload before he went out.

The problem is he allows himself to be trapped easily, doesnt contest the position and gets punched in the face repeatedly... and still doesnt move.

He really doesnt scramble or fight to get out of the clinch/cage. I know Carwin and Brock are megawrestlers but it doesnt even look like Frank made an effort to scramble or wriggle free.

^^^THIS^^^

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Not sure how Mir is going to react after the loss to tell you the truth.

Was mentally tough after the Lesnar beating, hard to do that again. I think he put in so much work and then was crushed in a couple minutes...I think he might just seem helpless right now. Will be interesting to see how he returns.

·
Registered
181 Posts
murr by arm breakage

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Id say GG has better bjj but Mir has better Striking. Interesting fight, wouldnt be suprised if Mir fought either GG or Dos Santos next.

·
Shogun
2,105 Posts
well actually yes i agree gg has better bjj but they should be good enough both of them not to get submitted. also neither of them are takedown-artists so i dont see that fight going to the ground. Mir is the better technical boxer, and has better speed. GG has heavier hands and better kicks. very equally matched. I think however mir would win due to speed/boxing as his weakness is mainly wrestling/klinch and GG isnt in the same league as lesnar/carwin there...remember GG got tooled in the clinch by Randy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts