Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that gracie will fight again and if so who do u think his opponents will be??

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I would not be surprised to see a line of fighters all wanting to step up and try and put gracie down, just trying to be able to say they beat him, I think most will be in for a shock the way Gracie was with hughes, he was not prepared for the new format and the level of competition I think his next fight he will be much better prepared, that or I am over estimating him and giving him more credit then he deserves.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i deff think that gracie needs to train much harder if he fights again. I always though hickson gracie was the best if t he gracies. maybe some of his brothers will start fight never know

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I don't think he is done. He came in and underestimated the UFC and Matt Hughes. He could come back and compete but he needs more practice in the new UFC enviroment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
gracie and hughs fight sat. may 27

who won i missed seeing any news ???? gracie or hughs
i new here and have trouble finding stuff

·
Registered
53 Posts
tarasue said:
who won i missed seeing any news ???? gracie or hughs
i new here and have trouble finding stuff

matt beat his ass in the first round!!!

Gracie was great in his day. like everyone says now the fighters now are much more rounded in many forums of fighting. most fighters now are good in 3 arts and specialize in 1.

at the start fighters trained in there specified arts. now fighters train to be everything Greco-Roman, JU-JITSU, moui ti and Tae Kwon Do they know it all!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow and thanks for the info

i am so glad hughs won. i was really worried. gracie is a good fighter. but for hughs to take him out in the first round. wtg hughs.... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would like to see him fight bj penn first. i could see hughes winning again hopefully he is not to cocky going into the nest fight

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hughes has already stated that he would like to fight more fights so I think he'll be ready for any deal they put out to him.I think Penn should be next then Pierre due to the fact the re match should have a little more space.Everyone else who wants a shot at the title should get a chance before someone gets rematches.Although Pierre is my favorite match up for a fight with hughes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I knew Hughes would win - and bet all my "points" on that outcome - but in my heart I wanted Gracie to win. Did anyone see the angle of his arm when Matt had him in an armbar? His face was expressionless - this man is a true legend. I don't think he will be back in the UFC, but if he is, probably just for one fight that he can win so that he does not retire from the UFC circuit on a low-point.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have to say that this fight was a good fight.I did want Matt to win and i have to give Royce the respect he deserves for sticking it out through the arm bar.I was shocked that Matt was able to handle him the way he did though.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea matt has to be one of the strongest fighters out there.. good ol country boys:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.