Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://graciefighter.com/?page=news

By Elias Cepeda

In addition to being a StrikeForce middleweight, Jason "Mayhem" Miller hosts an MTV reality show called "Bully Beatdown," and Saturday night he seemed to mistake a real-life situation for his scripted side-project.

Miller fought on the undercard of the CBS/StrikeForce Saturday night fights event in Nashville Tenn, winning in the first round against an overmatched Tim Stout. It was a showcase fight for Miller - an experienced and extremely skilled Brazilian Jiu Jitsu based fighter - as close to a "gimme" as can exist in a sport where your opponent is trying to knock you out or break a limb.

After beating Stout inside five minutes, Miller had a couple hours to rest before the man who he last faced, Jake Shields, defended his middleweight title against Dan Henderson. Whereas Miller's elaborate dancing ring entrance that night probably took more planning and energy than his fight, Shields was a huge underdog, fighting fifteen pounds above his natural weight class against one of the most feared and accomplished MMA fighters in history.

Despite the odds, and getting beat up badly in the first round, Shields managed to route Henderson in rounds 2-5 and won a come from behind victory handily after twenty five minutes of battle. As an elated Shields and his team, including Gilbert Melendez, also an underdog who had just gone twenty five minutes in a dominating title win earlier in the night against Shinya Aoki, stood around being interviewed by CBS' Gus Johnson, Miller walked into the cage to get more attention for himself.

Shields and Miller engaged in an under appreciated back-and-forth grappling war last November and Shields walked away with a close decision win. Miller, who for some reason was allowed in the cage at this time, walked up behind and then in front of Shield's sponsor banner (which, savvy readers know is the way that these fighters get almost half or more of their money) and then got in the champion's face, asking for a rematch.

Never mind that Shields was literally in mid-sentence during his interview as Miller shoved his way through his teammates, coaches and into the camera frame and the champ's face, Shields still simply smiled and put a hand out to shake. Instead of shaking, Miller then got even closer - right in Shield's face while "mean mugging" him, and appeared to bump his chest.

Good news - Miller's show has been picked up for another season. Bad News - Miller had to be picked up off the canvas Saturday night after the brawl he started
.At that point Melendez, standing next to Shields, rightly decided that Miller was not just being incredibly disrespectful, but was also simply too close, and shoved "Mayhem," away. So, Miller interrupted Shields during his moment, got in his face, demanded something of him, rejected a hand shake and kind words only to get even more in Shields face and bump him and then a teammate of Shields shoved him away. For those keeping score that's - Miller: Jackass interruption on national TV, shouting, invasion of special "me" space and then bumping with a staredown. Team Shields: Push the offender away.

Team Shields' reaction seems perfectly reasonable at that point. Unfortunately things didn't end there, and that was Miller's fault.

After getting his face on camera again and making his point that he wanted a rematch (a very sensible and warranted idea), and bumping the champion, he could not deal with the offense of simply getting pushed back.

When he regained his balance after falling backwards into the sponsor banner, Mayhem put up his dukes and barged towards Melendez. Yes, Melendez is thirty pounds lighter than Miller, had fought about five times the amount Miller had that night and was simply and rightfully standing up for his teammate in a proportional way when he pushed Miller away. But "Mayhem," still decided he should go after him with his fists.

If Miller didn't think he was walking onto the set of his MTV show when he decided to crash Team Shields' party, he sure wished he had soon afterwards. You see, for some astounding reason, the rest of Shields' team, including welterweight champ Nick Diaz and UFC lightweight Nate Diaz, didn't think it was right that Miller had pushed their friend Shields and then went after the much smaller Melendez and they decided to jump in and defend them as well.

As Miller got pummeled, pounded, dragged to the ground and stomped on in the moments that followed, you could only imagine him wondering how his cute little attention-mongering idea went wrong, wishing his MTV producers were there to protect him and yelling out "cut, cut!"

He couldn't, or it wouldn't have mattered. Miller wanted to start some "Mayhem," and got it. Unfortunately for him, it came in the form of a angry blows raining down from above onto his dyed head.

Let's leave the excessive moralizing behind for a moment. When you look at the plain and simple sequence of events that were caught on tape, "Mayhem" started something he couldn't finish.

Miller started it, he escalated it, he got beaten down. I'm not saying I love the site of five-seven guys beating up one, but in this instance, I can certainly understand how it happened.

Perhaps hoping that "Mayhem" won't act like a buffoon in the future is overly optimistic. But for his sake, he should at least keep it to his easy opponents and the chubby kids that appear on his MTV show.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn i have to say they did a good job on that article making miller sound like Ted Bundy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Garbage

Man, I have no respect for you whoever you are Elias Cepeda, because you have TOTALLY distorted what little facts you included in this story as well as added a TON of OUTRIGHT LIES !!! You my friend are complete GARBAGE !!!:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in all fairness it is from the caesar gracie website ....its like expecting foxnews to say something nice about democrats

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree to an extent !! Fiest, FOX news will say good things about Dems, when there's something good to say just as they say bad about rep's when there's bad to say, but this guy just totally fabricated MOST of the crap he wrote !! He could have done like alot of others and placed blame on both parties, because honestly they both deserve a portion of the blame !!Miller did ABSOLUTELY nothing physical, never even pushed anyone, and was jumped by an excess of 5 guys !!! Heck, the so called "mean mug" was a huge smile !!! This guy is retarded !!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It's already been posted. But the fact is the same, they blame Miller for doing nothing wrong and make up the rest as they went along. I really wonder if this guy works for the O'Reilly show on Fox News, because that's the only time I hear garbage like this.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
The best part is claiming that Miller had to be picked up off the mat. The reality, he came out of the scrap without a scratch after you best fighters threw their ***** punches that don't do shit apparently.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
That is the most classless crap I have read. I am sick of this shit and seriously think those ass clowns should get thrown in jail for a couple hours and maybe they could realize it isn't funny. How do 10 guys who jumped a loan man try and make themselves out to be some kind of hero? F***ing scumbags.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They left the part out where Jesus reincarnated came down and asked shields for an autograph and "bumped" him causing the Gracie supersquad to attack. God than immiedatley gave up on the human race and were actually all in the matrix now.

·
It is what it is
422 Posts
They left the part out where Jesus reincarnated came down and asked shields for an autograph and "bumped" him causing the Gracie supersquad to attack. God than immiedatley gave up on the human race and were actually all in the matrix now.
Are you serious?! Well that sucks..... thnx alot Nick and Nate.

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Miller didnt do shit, Rampage didnt hit Rashad did he.

Im a fan of Nick Diaz but i think his crew justw anted to throw down, plain and simple..

Where did Miller touch Shields? i must have missed it

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That was entertaining to read. There's gotta be writers out there more capable of spinning this against Miller than this clown. Things like the rejected handshake that wasn't a handshake, the mean mug that was a goofy smile and the non existent Miller push make this article totally laughable.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Wow! Just Wow! That has to be the biggest pile of bull dookie I have ever read in my entire life.

First of all, Jason Miller was a d*ck for interrupting Jake Shields when he had no business being there in the first place. Furthermore its ridiculous for Jason to even ask for a rematch especially when the first fight wasn't even close. Jason had a rear naked choke on him and wasn't able to finish. Other then that it was all Jake Sheilds. If this brawl didn't happen would anybody even consider this man to be No.1 contender.

But Ceaser Gracie's camp were the ones that dealt the first blow. Anybody with two sets of eyes could tell you that. Miller didn't bump into Shields chest or whatever the hell this guy said he did. 12 men jumped Miller and was beating him down while he was down. And they sure as hell didn't have to pry Miller of the mat. He got up unscathed.

Does this Cepeda guy think were completely retarded or something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Miller did nothing to even provocate the assault !! If you look at the video he actually walks in and stands there till Shields acknowledged him and even nodded his head to Miller !! After repeated viewing of the replay video I TRULY believe Millers request for a rematch was orchestrated by Coker, but nobody told the Diaz bro's or Melendez !! This is what prompted the Ceaser Gracie clan to do what they did !! Now, I think they should at the least be suspended if not charged with aggravated assault !! And Coker is lying about his involvement due to lack of a spine, and he's afraid to be held responsible for what he caused !! I have ALWAYS been a supporter of Strikeforce, but no longer will I do ANYTHING AT ALL do help the betterment, growth, or improvement that doesn't hold it's fighters accountable for their unbelievably stupid and disrespectful actions !!

As for the idiot who I originally was speaking of,he is an idiot and can't truly expect anyone other than nonviewers and fanboy nuthuggers to agree or believe his story !! It is CHOCK FULL of nothing but outright lies, and that imbecile should be ashamed of the blatant untruths and mischaracterizations he wrote in this article !! I wish he wasn't so cowardly, and was man enough to leave some sort of e-mail address or something so people could respond to the verbal diarrhea he is spewing !! I even went to the Gracie website in an attempt to confront him about his lies, but it seems that Elias Cepeda is as cowardly as the rest of the Cesar Gracie clan !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts