Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this card featured some of the best fighters in the world, there was more talent last night than the last 5 ufc's combined, but the fights were pretty boring, hendo and vitor was a snoozer, shogun and randleman stunk, i love watching fedor so that didnt stink but it wasnt a great fight, the barnett fight was ok..but i dunno i hated the rules, it wasnt even like watching true mma, how many situations were there when some one coulda dropped serious elbows or knees to the head...ALOT..the next time pride has an event in US they should either allow elbows, or just keep their fights in japan where they can use their own rules because this event was A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
jdun11 said:
this card featured some of the best fighters in the world, there was more talent last night than the last 5 ufc's combined, but the fights were pretty boring, hendo and vitor was a snoozer, shogun and randleman stunk, i love watching fedor so that didnt stink but it wasnt a great fight, the barnett fight was ok..but i dunno i hated the rules, it wasnt even like watching true mma, how many situations were there when some one coulda dropped serious elbows or knees to the head...ALOT..the next time pride has an event in US they should either allow elbows, or just keep their fights in japan where they can use their own rules because this event was A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT :thumbsdown:
I really glad to hear so much dissapointment. I was so pissed i couldnt get it but now Im kinda glad I saved the money. Ive already seen Fedor and Shogun's fights on dailymotion anyway

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Fighter R said:
I agree. With the US rules it made it less interesting. I think they should keep it in japan
naw they need to just have it in a place like hawaii.. where its not under nevada state's rules... rumble on the rock is in hawaii and u can kick and knee in the head on the ground...

i think it would be cool... an outdoor pride event.. in hawaii...

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i love pride, but these rules were ridiculous, the fighters looked hesitant and uncomfortable adjusting to the new rules, it simply wasnt true mma, it was submission wrestling with punches..i really hope the rules change

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Those fights were awesome, Nakamura's fight was sweet, the Lawler fight was sweet, Fedor fight was good, Shogun fight was good, Baroni was good, the Vitor- Henderson was a little boring but it had a good first round, The fights were the greatest in terms of like absolute wars but they were very exciting

·
Registered
332 Posts
jdun11 said:

I agree. This is why Silva vs Liddell (if it happens) should not take place in the U.S. Everytime a fighter took the other down the ref would yell, No Elbows!!!, No Knees!!!. For Pride fighters its become instinctual to throw elbows and knees. I think it threw some of them off their game. I for one could tell especially during the Fedor/Coleman. Coleman would do a lazy shoot and Fedor would sprawl and have him in the perfect position to knee him and the ref would yell No Kneeing!!! You could tell it threw Fedor off as soon as the ref told him not to knee Coleman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.