Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Yeah- cool vid. I'm so stoked for this rematch. Both of these guys are at the top of their game and are 2 of the most fascinating fighters to watch. If Lyoto makes the right adjustment becoming more elusive and avoids Shogun's devastating leg/body kicks, I think he will win the fight. This is Machida's first adjustment ever and that is the most interesting aspect to me. He's never had to do it. How he adjusts is really will determine the outcome. If Shogun has his way, Dana will be straping the belt around his waist. I'm not betting on this one. It's the most technical match-up that can go either way once more. They won't KO each other. They are just too slick. I see it going the distance once more. I would be happy if either fighter won. I love both fighters...

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
...Yeah- cool vid. I'm so stoked for this rematch. Both of these guys are at the top of their game and are 2 of the most fascinating fighters to watch. If Lyoto makes the right adjustment becoming more elusive and avoids Shogun's devastating leg/body kicks, I think he will win the fight. This is Machida's first adjustment ever and that is the most interesting aspect to me. He's never had to do it. How he adjusts is really will determine the outcome. If Shogun has his way, Dana will be straping the belt around his waist. I'm not betting on this one. It's the most technical match-up that can go either way once more. They won't KO each other. They are just too slick. I see it going the distance once more. I would be happy if either fighter won. I love both fighters...
This is why I also give the advantage to Lyoto. I want Shogun to win and I thought he won last time (not to beat a dead horse), but Shogun likes to bring the same game plan to each fight and obviously, it works for him, but knowing that Lyoto will try to adjust specifically to Shogun's style, which I find to be the best strategy, I think Lyoto will win.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Why does every HL of modern time have to have that dreadful, disgusting Rap & Metal combination? Is that really what people connect to MMA? They constantly talk about beauty of the sport yet every time a see a new HL I hear either metal or rap or both! It associates me to barbaric, mindless, unoriginal, violent display of horseshit!

I won't watch this HL out of sheer annoyance.:thumbsdown:

End Rant/

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Why does every HL of modern time have to have that dreadful, disgusting Rap & Metal combination? Is that really what people connect to MMA? They constantly talk about beauty of the sport yet every time a see a new HL I hear either metal or rap or both! It associates me to barbaric, mindless, unoriginal, violent display of horseshit!

End Rant/
Rage Against the Machine and Busta Rhymes is a big step up from some of the Gurgle Metal they put to these things. At least you can make out words with Rage and Busta and not sound like some demon singing with a mouth full of nickles.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts

End Rant/
Yeah, tell me about it...

Is it too much to ask for a HL with some Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA?

Reactions: 6toes

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Rage Against the Machine and Busta Rhymes is a big step up from some of the Gurgle Metal they put to these things. At least you can make out words and not some demon singing with a mouth full of nickles.
I don't like either. But the thing is, when I heard it's great HL, I really expected something new. It's like you need those two types of music to make a HL! You don't. Watch this if you already haven't:

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I don't like either. But the thing is, when I heard it's great HL, I really expected something new. It's like you need those two types of music to make a HL! You don't. Watch this if you already haven't:

I hear what you're saying. I think Fedor has a lot of good HL vids where they use those epic choir/orchestra tracks that makes you want to pillage a city.

·
Registered
375 Posts

End Rant/
Music is opinionated... you can't really expect every MMA highlight to be to the beat of Beethoven now can you?

Just because you don't like certain varieties doesn't mean others don't. I don't draw the same association with rap and metal as you. If you listed your music preferences I'm sure others would associate them with unoriginal bullshit.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Music is opinionated... you can't really expect every MMA highlight to be to the beat of Beethoven now can you?

Just because you don't like certain varieties doesn't mean others don't. I don't draw the same association with rap and metal as you. If you listed your music preferences I'm sure others would associate them with unoriginal bullshit.
Of course it is opinionated. I don't expect every MMA HL to be with classical music, but I definitely don't want every HL with metal and/or rap which is exactly what's going on!

Certain varieties? What varieties? It's the lack of variety that I mind in the first place!
And to tell you the truth I have no exclusive genre of music I listen to. I listen EVERY type of music. And I've just showed one of my preference HL, do you or anyone else can say it's unoriginal bullshit?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Picking arguably one of the greatest HL's of all time is hardly in context now is it.

That highlight has won quite a few awards on mma sites over the years, I know that for a fact.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Picking arguably one of the greatest HL's of all time is hardly in context now is it.

That highlight has won quite a few awards on mma sites over the years, I know that for a fact.
Why do you think I posted it? You think I don't know it's reputation? It's the music quality and the fabulous montage of clips that make it great.

The choice of songs for most of these metal and/or rap clips suck!

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts

End Rant/
Oh my god I couldn't agree more! I like Rage but that horrible **** of "Iron Man" should be banned from any form of media.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.