Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who do you think are some of the best UFC fighters who've never held a title (thats counting the old school UFC tournaments as titles)?

Pogo

·
Registered
253 Posts
most really good fighters have at least one title: in one torny or another (since there are quite a few tornys and growing). Let me clearify your question, are you talking mainly about UFC and PRIDE titles?

Very good question though

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
i don't know about UFC guys, but in PRIDE, there are a few fighters whom i always wished carried a belt.

Igor Vovchanchyn... so awsome in his day. he KO'd everyone who came within 2 feet of him. sadly, he sorta just faded away. lost some weight and lost some fights...

QJ when he was in PRIDE. I think if he didn't lose to Wandy those times, maybe he woulda had a belt. he survived a hard fight with Arona and murdered Chuck when he came there. QJ had all the makings of a champ.

Heath Hearring. i guess he just always will be second best. he was always exciting but never could beat the number 1 fighters like Nog and CC. although that one fight with Nog he had, was so awsome... i gotta go dig it out of my DVD collection! crazy Nog and his anoconda choke...

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
pt447 said:
i don't know about UFC guys, but in PRIDE, there are a few fighters whom i always wished carried a belt.

Igor Vovchanchyn... so awsome in his day. he KO'd everyone who came within 2 feet of him. sadly, he sorta just faded away. lost some weight and lost some fights...

QJ when he was in PRIDE. I think if he didn't lose to Wandy those times, maybe he woulda had a belt. he survived a hard fight with Arona and murdered Chuck when he came there. QJ had all the makings of a champ.

Heath Hearring. i guess he just always will be second best. he was always exciting but never could beat the number 1 fighters like Nog and CC. although that one fight with Nog he had, was so awsome... i gotta go dig it out of my DVD collection! crazy Nog and his anoconda choke...

Igor Vovchanchyn is a madman, 24 TKO's lol

·
Registered
669 Posts
Id have to go with GSP, he's a beast.

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was refering to the UFC but you can throw Pride in too since its a major org. But lets not count the smaller shows.

For me it Pedro "The Rock" Rizzo. He came so close to winning the HW title several times but somehow he just couldn't pull it off.

Jeremy Horn is also up there as well.

Renato "Babalu" Sobral is another guy.

Pogo

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
hey sherk just won it :p

maybe gsp

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya i would have said sherk but

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i gotta go with pedro rizzo , he was a beast like 5-6 years ago, didnt he win the UFC Brazil tourney though?? i know he did, but does that count?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Da Grappler said:
How bout Spencer Fischer? I think he will get the lightweight title soon though. His loss to Sam Stout was due to dehydration.
fisher is the most overrated fighter in the history of this forum :thumbsdown:

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
jdun11 said:
i gotta go with pedro rizzo , he was a beast like 5-6 years ago, didnt he win the UFC Brazil tourney though?? i know he did, but does that count?
I would say that counts, if we open it up to tourney wins then you have to put Cro-Cop above Rizzo.

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
shonie carter.........................lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.