Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor fight, for two guys who really 'hated' each other they seemed to hold back an awfull lot.

Disapointed in Rampage as I feel if he had lost his gameplan and let fly(ie showed a bit of this so called hate)he would have destroyed Rashad.

Looked like it was all talk to me.

Name some real 'hate' fights

Liddell-Ortiz
Ortiz-Shamrock
for example..

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Reminded me of boxing last night.

Neither fighter lived up to the hype last night.

The thing that pisses me off is that it wasnt the UFC that brought all the hype to this fight, it was the fighters with all the months of shit talk that did it and didnt live up to it.

Rampage at least seemed like he wanted to fight, Rashad not so much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The thing that pisses me off is that it wasnt the UFC that brought all the hype to this fight, it was the fighters with all the months of shit talk that did it and didnt live up to it.
Yeah was also a bit schoolyard talk that media blew up to 'ultimate trash talk'. Let's face it there wasn't actually that much said, all media kept on repeating a face off from TUF which is about 1 year old.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not a great card overall. I didn;t see all the fights but was somewhat of a sleeper.

I suspect Rampage will have some regrets having not let it all out in the octogon.

I mentioned in another pre-fight thread this is a different time and different place for Rampage and lots of the stuf that rulled his fighting world don't exist anymore. Not sure what's left on his contract but my feeling is Rampage is down to his last couple fo fights.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a great card overall. I didn;t see all the fights but was somewhat of a sleeper.

I suspect Rampage will have some regrets having not let it all out in the octogon.

I mentioned in another pre-fight thread this is a different time and different place for Rampage and lots of the stuf that rulled his fighting world don't exist anymore. Not sure what's left on his contract but my feeling is Rampage is down to his last couple fo fights.
Yep, The Rampage of old is gone. Happens to all great fighters.However if he was committed I think he could have lasted another 5 years at the top.

Game was over when he couldn't finish Griffen ..

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Yep, The Rampage of old is gone. Happens to all great fighters.However if he was committed I think he could have lasted another 5 years at the top.

Game was over when he couldn't finish Griffen ..
Sadly I am starting to believe this is true.

For me Rampage seemed to be done when he stopped any sort of wrestling. We was very good at it during his Pride days. And he also seems to have stopped trying to out work his opponent. Thats one of the things that made him such a great fighter. Now it's just look for the KO punch and damn the rest. And that simply wont work these days vs good to great fighters.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rampage should finish what he has started in r3! I mean, Rashad was alredy stunned hard and he admited it..1 or 2 more punches and rashad'd be out cold! I think first right hand from rashad that rocked rampage in r1 was what made rampage hold back...like rashad said, he never seen it coming that's why he was holding it back and rashad was simply following his gameplan and was holding back cus he knew that he was ahead after r2 and wanted to pull off the decision which he did as you see..

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Very similiar with Serra vs. Hughes.

I dunno about Hughes and Rashad, but if I hated Serra/Rampage as much as they did I would do EVERYTHING I can to FINISH the fight with brutal fashion (without throwing the gameplan out obviously).
To me going for a boring UD seems like a total opposite of "Making him quit" as Rashad said he'd do. Rashad was doing well standing yet he wasted like 10 minutes of the fight trying to take Rampage down. sigh...

·
Registered
681 Posts

Rampage at least seemed like he wanted to fight, Rashad not so much.
neither guy wanted to fight. rashad hurt rampage then hugged him against the cage. rampage hurts rashad hes hurt and he just stares at him. they looked more like boyfreinds last night han bitter enemies.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Poor fight, for two guys who really 'hated' each other they seemed to hold back an awfull lot.

Disapointed in Rampage as I feel if he had lost his gameplan and let fly(ie showed a bit of this so called hate)he would have destroyed Rashad.

Looked like it was all talk to me.

Name some real 'hate' fights

Liddell-Ortiz
Ortiz-Shamrock
for example..
I think they did.

It's just that RASHAD played it safe to enure the victory, and to have the bragging rights over RAMPAGE.
Not only that, if you come out swinging and got ko'd, not only has the guy you hate won but, more importantly he's put you back a few places in terms of title shot contention.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.