Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Read On Sherdog, That Fedor Is Going To Be Fighting Tim Sylvia At The October Show..im Pretty Sure They Meant Prides North American Show..i Guess The Announcement Is Supposed To Come Today..if Anyone Has 100% Confirmation On This Let Me Know

·
Registered
540 Posts
God I hope your right. If this is for real Syilvia is in for a suprise. Fedor is gonna crush theat lame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow

I find it hard to believe, but I sure hope you're right. Fedor makes Arlovski look like Jon Hess (there's a flashback), and I'd bet the farm that Sylvia gets crowned and downed in under 3 minutes. Now if only the same rumor can be true about Machida vs. Franklin, and Kid Yamamoto vs. Hughes. As you probably know, Machida kicked the crap out of Ace about 3 years ago. Only man to beat him.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Don said:
I would love to see that.. didn't tim say he could beat Fedor in a recent interview?
HE DIDNT SAY HE COULD BEAT HIM, HE SAID HE MATCHED UP REAL WELL WITH FEDOR..AND THAT HE MET FEDOR AND HES A TINY LIL ISH...HE WASNT DIDRESPECTING FEDOR THO..HE SAID HES AN INCERDIBLE ATHLETE AND IT WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT...BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN..FEDOR TAKES TIM DOWN AND IMPOSES HIS WILL, AND WINS BY SUBMISSION IN THE FIRST ROUND..THIS RUMOR BETTER BE TRUE

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
jdun11 said:
HE DIDNT SAY HE COULD BEAT HIM, HE SAID HE MATCHED UP REAL WELL WITH FEDOR..AND THAT HE MET FEDOR AND HES A TINY LIL ISH...HE WASNT DIDRESPECTING FEDOR THO..HE SAID HES AN INCERDIBLE ATHLETE AND IT WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT...BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN..FEDOR TAKES TIM DOWN AND IMPOSES HIS WILL, AND WINS BY SUBMISSION IN THE FIRST ROUND..THIS RUMOR BETTER BE TRUE
Tims great.. Fedors another level all together

·
Registered
540 Posts
jdun11 said:
Silvia is insulting Fedor if he says he matches up with him because Silvia isnt even near Fedors level as a fighter.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MMA1990 said:
Silvia is insulting Fedor if he says he matches up with him because Silvia isnt even near Fedors level as a fighter.
TRUE, BUT WHAT FIGHTER IS GONNA SAY HE STANDS NO CHANCE AGAINST ANOTHER FIGHTER..ESPECIALLY IF UR THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE UFC..HE COULDNT SAY THAT..BUT I BET HE THINKS IT

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Here...thought you guys might like this.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
jdun11 said:
TRUE, BUT WHAT FIGHTER IS GONNA SAY HE STANDS NO CHANCE AGAINST ANOTHER FIGHTER..ESPECIALLY IF UR THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE UFC..HE COULDNT SAY THAT..BUT I BET HE THINKS IT
true but there is a psychological edge that could be gained.. say it enough.. your oppopnent will think they he has the fight wrapped up.. and might be off thier game a little bit and if your ready you can pounce but tricks like that should not work at this level just lower levels.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I didn't see that thread but there was another on the "biggest announcement ever" from Dana. Some posts suggested a Fedor/Sylvia matchup but the consensus was the Ortiz/Shamrock 3 fight would be the big news.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I don't think this match is happening jdun11, because in October at UFC 64 Tim Sylvia is defending his title against Jeff Monson along with Franklin against Anderson Silva. So, no this is false news you've been hearing.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Rush said:
I don't think this match is happening jdun11, because in October at UFC 64 Tim Sylvia is defending his title against Jeff Monson along with Franklin against Anderson Silva. So, no this is false news you've been hearing.
Wrong. Sylvia/Monson isn't confirmed yet , as well as Franklin/SILVA , they are both just rumors like Fedor/Sylvia , nothing is signed or confirmed so anything is possible.

Sylvia/MONSON ISNT EVEN RUMORED TO BE @ 64 , it would be @ 65. Sorry about the false news you have been hearing

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

·
Registered
92 Posts
MMA1990 said:
if feddor stays at arms length he'll be fing hurt. As much as I'd like to believe that the best man wins-sometimes, with good jabs and uppercuts-the lesser man wins.

Tim silvia can knock anyone in his division out with 1 or 2 shots.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Cool pic Razor, hey why don't you fight in the UFC? Just curious not giving you a hard time. You look like you would fit in great with your appearance and your record. Got any videos of your fights to post?

Oh and Fedor would totally annihilate Tim Sylvia. No question.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
UFCFAN33 said:
Sweet I hope this isnt another let down :dunno:
I'm sorry that I have to wake you all up from your dream world but I heard from a very reliable source that Mark Coleman is going to be fighting Fedor at the Pride "Real Deal" in Vegas on Oct. 21st. That is a Pride event so I would doubt that any UFC fighters, especially title holders, would be participating.

I also disagree with everybody saying that Tim sucks and Fedor would own him. He increased his jab speed for the AA fight and with that long reach that quick jab will own. I do disagree with Tim's assessment that Fedor is a good match up for him. Someone who stands in front of you and takes punches, like Cabbage, is a good match up for Tim. I doubt that Tim really wants to be on the ground with Fedor.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Cool pic Razor, hey why don't you fight in the UFC? Just curious not giving you a hard time. You look like you would fit in great with your appearance and your record. Got any videos of your fights to post?
Sorry to spoil this post but Razor Rob is a WFA fighter for Team Punishment and the guy under the account on this forum as Razor Rob is a friend of mine named Trey.

Monson and Silvia is rumored to be at UFC 64 not 65, Punishment 101.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts