Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but what would you think about FRANK Shamrock vs. Tito? I know frank isn't with UFC currently. I have to admit, I don't know too much about him, but I do know he beat Tito a while back. It could be a great pay day for the UFC .. a family grudge match ... with Frank trying to avenge the 3 losses his brother had!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ken and Frank don’t even speak to each other so I wouldn’t count on any family revenge, plus Frank has said many times that he will never fight for the UFC again and Tito has said that he wants to only fight for the UFC. The first time they fought it was a very close fight until Tito gassed out and since that is no longer a factor I wouldn’t count on ever seeing Frank beat Tito’s ass, I think Tito could win in a rematch.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah Frank stated he would never fight for the UFC again... but money has ways of talking as we know. Anyways, a well rounded fighter like Frank would whoop that ass again Im sure. I miss seeing Frank fight and it will be good tosee him fight again in the WFA.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, he is getting paid 7 figures to fight for some organization called the world figher championships or something like that and I’m sure the UFC will not offer him anything like that. Like I said before Frank didn’t beat Tito’s ass is the first fight, it was very close until Tito gassed so I don’t know why people keep saying Frank will beat his ass AGAIN. There is a difference between losing a fight and getting your ass beat.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigBanda said:
Yeah Frank stated he would never fight for the UFC again... but money has ways of talking as we know. Anyways, a well rounded fighter like Frank would whoop that ass again Im sure. I miss seeing Frank fight and it will be good tosee him fight again in the WFA.
Old topic - but was it just the $$ issue - someone said Frank has a 7 figure contract? Is that true?

·
The Axe Murderer
1,751 Posts
I heard he hates Dana White and what he's turned the UFC in to, I'm pretty sure those are the reasons he never wants to fight in the UFC again. But you never know, like someone already said money speaks louder than words.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I doubt we'll see it. But I wont count it out. After all no one would've expected Tito to be in the UFC about a year ago. Anyway I think Tito would win. Frank won the last fight because of cardio and Titos past Frank in cardio.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
TLB said:
Ken and Frank don’t even speak to each other so I wouldn’t count on any family revenge, plus Frank has said many times that he will never fight for the UFC again and Tito has said that he wants to only fight for the UFC. The first time they fought it was a very close fight until Tito gassed out and since that is no longer a factor I wouldn’t count on ever seeing Frank beat Tito’s ass, I think Tito could win in a rematch.
i know ken and frank dont talk but why doesnt frank ever want to fight with the ufc anymore?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Frank Shamrock won that fight because he was smarter allowing Ortiz to take him down to wear himself out, then laughed about it while it was happening. Frank it good at sweeps on the ground and defends well, but probably would have a tougher time with Ortiz this time around since Ortiz is older and smarter than when they fought last time.

I'd go with Ortiz by Decision this time.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
TLB said:

Yeah I think Frank even said he knew Tito Ortiz was going to kick Ken's ass.
I don't think he really cares

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
silvawand said:
I heard he hates Dana White and what he's turned the UFC in to, I'm pretty sure those are the reasons he never wants to fight in the UFC again. But you never know, like someone already said money speaks louder than words.
Oh, they definitely don't like each other.

Dana doesn't think Frank's worth the money he demands.
Dana thinks Frank is insane.
Frank thinks Dana is a loud mouthed ego maniac.
Dana probably thinks the same.

Tito vs Frank 2 will never happen, but it's a nice dream. I actually would rather have them not fight again to tell you the truth. What if the second fight sucks? Then it sort of tarnishes their classic first encounter.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damone said:
Oh, they definitely don't like each other.

Dana doesn't think Frank's worth the money he demands.
Dana thinks Frank is insane.
Frank thinks Dana is a loud mouthed ego maniac.
Dana probably thinks the same.

Tito vs Frank 2 will never happen, but it's a nice dream. I actually would rather have them not fight again to tell you the truth. What if the second fight sucks? Then it sort of tarnishes their classic first encounter.
I think they are both loud mouth ego maniacs!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Evil!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Slick_Fugitive said:
Old topic - but was it just the $$ issue - someone said Frank has a 7 figure contract? Is that true?
That was me and yes it is true.
Official Site of MMA Legend Frank Shamrock

For some reason that link did not go where it was supposed to, you will have to click on news, then news archives then scroll down and click on “9/06 Shamrock signs to fight with TWF”.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I can't answer this question cuz I haven't seen Frank fight a serious opponent in quite a while...for all we know Frank could be 100 times better than Ortiz, so it makes no sense to try and say Tito or Frank would win. Now, if the question is Frank in his prime vs. Tito of today then I think we'd see Tito win a split decision.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I can't answer this question cuz I haven't seen Frank fight a serious opponent in quite a while...for all we know Frank could be 100 times better than Ortiz, so it makes no sense to try and say Tito or Frank would win. Now, if the question is Frank in his prime vs. Tito of today then I think we'd see Tito win a split decision.
Wow, Frank must be a better fighter than I thought

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Hey is the guy who kept saying the Franklin fight was fixed - is he BANNED? maybe we're not so lucky but I haven't heard from him in a bit ... I think a lot of people were reporting him!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
tito would beat frank pretty easily now adays, frank hasnt faught ne one as good as tito in a long time and i think tito would overwhelm him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.