Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one see GSP comment afta the huges vs penn fight 2. I just wanted to get ur oppinions/replys. GSP walked into the ring grabbed the microphone from huges and said "I am not impressed".

I for one thought it was a great fight by huges. He knew penn would gass and waited till then and pounced and finished the fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I don't think he waited he did get lucky though. If BJ would have kept it standing up instead of wasteing all that energy trying to submit him we would have a new champion today. Anyone disagree??????
 

·
Crazy Kicker
Joined
·
957 Posts
i think matt planed for that. I think matt stuck to his game plan and it worked. penn is more skilled but bad cardio so make him work for two rounds then move in for the kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
i agree bj is more skilled than hughes technique wise, matt's way better conditioning wise thats the only reason he won, if bj wouldn't have wasted energy on sub attempts he might have won who knows i think they should rematch hughes vs penn 3 and st.pierre vs sanchez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
lilstuch114 said:
Any one see GSP comment afta the huges vs penn fight 2. I just wanted to get ur oppinions/replys. GSP walked into the ring grabbed the microphone from huges and said "I am not impressed".

I for one thought it was a great fight by huges. He knew penn would gass and waited till then and pounced and finished the fight.

He was lucky he survived that second round. He took a beating from BJ in the first two rounds and that is what GSP was referring to when he said he was not impressed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
libertywrestler said:
i agree bj is more skilled than hughes technique wise, matt's way better conditioning wise thats the only reason he won, if bj wouldn't have wasted energy on sub attempts he might have won who knows i think they should rematch hughes vs penn 3 and st.pierre vs sanchez

No...I think GSP desreves his chance first. Im sick of the rematches one after another anymore. They need to give guys next in line the chance they deserve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Nickaho said:
No...I think GSP desreves his chance first. Im sick of the rematches one after another anymore. They need to give guys next in line the chance they deserve
i agree that pierre definitly deserves it it's just if hughes won't fight till early next year if i'm correct then pierre will not have fought for along time so it might be good for him just an idea but he does deserve a title shot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Nickaho said:
No...I think GSP desreves his chance first. Im sick of the rematches one after another anymore. They need to give guys next in line the chance they deserve


I Agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
GSP deserves his chance next but getting into the ring and saying what he said was out of order. Whatever he thinks, Hughes won the fight and deserved his moment.

Hughes will beat GSP. Diego after that will be interesting.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
NYCBhoy said:
GSP deserves his chance next but getting into the ring and saying what he said was out of order. Whatever he thinks, Hughes won the fight and deserved his moment.

Hughes will beat GSP. Diego after that will be interesting.

out of order??

Matt Hughes is one of the biggest cocksuckers in the game ... buddy is one ignorant ****... he probably would have done the exact same thing to GSP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Nickaho said:
I don't think he waited he did get lucky though. If BJ would have kept it standing up instead of wasteing all that energy trying to submit him we would have a new champion today. Anyone disagree??????

Bj was able to get the submission in the first fight because he landed a really hard punch to Hugh's face. It made sense for BJ to go for the sub but not before he softened Hughs up with strikes first.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top