Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
GSP is full of shitznit. As soon as that money runs low he will be beggining for a comeback. It is all about the money.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
But St-Pierre said a move up in weight would likely come near the end of his career, and it won't come anytime soon.

"If I go up in weight, it's going to be hard to go down," he said. "If I put on lean muscle like I already did recently ... it's going to be hard to come back down. So it's not like I go up and I go down. I have to be very careful with what I do."

Still, if St-Pierre takes "a couple" of welterweight fights in the next year or two, and if Silva is still the pound-for-pound king at that point, the French-Canadian then would consider moving up to fight him. And if he defeats Silva, that's a win worthy of retirement, he said.

"If one day I fight at 185 pounds for a superfight to know who is the best pound-for-pound in the world, (and) if I reach my goal, then my goal will be reached," St-Pierre said. "There will be no point for me to still compete because I'm not going to have a goal left."
Silva - next fight at 170 (pre-Maia) - when asked - a definitive yes.

GSP - this shit (basically, if Anderson Silva is still fighting at MW in two years or so like when he is 38 y.o., i'll fight him. Then i'll retire.)

This is the type of GSP shit that annoys me. GSP is beloved by most for his brilliantly boring planning, execution and takedown, 5-round decision wins.

Silva hated for bitching around every top MW contender for almost 5 years - either by spectacular finish OR mockery against easy to beat MWs (except the only real threat to him Hendo).

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I really think GSP is just dodging Silva. Look at how fast Mir put on weight? It doesn't take as long as GSP is making it seem like.
There is a difference in putting on lean muscle mass and just bulking up. Mir bulked up and still got tossed around by a guy who weighed as much as him.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I really think GSP is just dodging Silva. Look at how fast Mir put on weight? It doesn't take as long as GSP is making it seem like.
Mir also has a wide frame and is naturally stocky. It is much easier for people like that to bulk up. GSP isn't small, but he isn't the bulkiest person out there and it would be harder for him to bulk up than it was for Mir.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Mir also has a wide frame and is naturally stocky. It is much easier for people like that to bulk up. GSP isn't small, but he isn't the bulkiest person out there and it would be harder for him to bulk up than it was for Mir.
That's very true. Mir is an endomorph bodytype and GSP is an mesomorph, maybe even ecto-meso. Weight comes and goes much differently between the body types and also varies in ratio between +(-)adipose to +(-)LBM (lean body mass.)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I have a strong feeling this is GSPs response for dropping to the spot in which he belongs by the P4P ratings #2 (GSP is #3 IMO - Aldo at 145 lbs is too ridiculous).

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
I don't wanna see GSP/Silva, that would be a boring fight, I think GSP would lose because of his size disadvantage and the striking ability and surprisingly improved take down defense of Silva. Maia has some good take downs and Silva didn't let him get a hold.

·
Banned
820 Posts
GSP will be loseing to Shields long before he gets a chance to lose to Andy.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
lol and look at how much it helped Mir, he got outmuscled by Carwin in the clinch like a it was nothing. Fat or Bulk muscle ain't much good until you get time to break it in and convert it to real functional strength over years, until then it's just looks.

And another thing, Mir in all likelyhood took steriods to bulk up that fast, because 24 lbs is literally the max amount of lean muscle mass to humanly put on in 6 months time. And that's when you have perfect nutrition, regular rest and recovery time, and ZERO muscle detetioration due to overwork, the last two of which are impossible for pro MMA fighters going through training camps. Not to mention Mir's unhealthy obsession for revenge on Brock and his roid-ragey comments in that regard.

Real non-steroid/creatine lean muscle takes a looong time to gain and equally long to lose. GSP is just sayin it like it is. Most of these weight hoppers are basically changing their body fat ratio or cutting more or less water in the steam room, not gaining/losing much real muscle mass.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
The thread title is a tad exuberant dont you think?

Misleading to say the least.
No, it says that he would consider it. It didn't say that he would, who wouldn't? Quit while you are on top of the mountain.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts