Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if gsp loses to hughes do you think he would consider moving up to 185 since that division needs all the good fighters it can get.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really don't want to think that far ahead... and if GSP does lose to Hughes again... I'd like to see him keep trying instead of dodging Hughes

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
lfaris said:
if gsp loses to hughes do you think he would consider moving up to 185 since that division needs all the good fighters it can get.
To be honest, I would rather see Hughes move up to MW if he loses. I think that would be a better weight class for him.

He doesn't that much speed to lose and he can get more strength.

I think he could be an animal at that weight and he has already said he'd want to fight Silva if Franklin lost.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
To be honest, I would rather see Hughes move up to MW if he loses. I think that would be a better weight class for him.

He doesn't that much speed to lose and he can get more strength.

I think he could be an animal at that weight and he has already said he'd want to fight Silva if Franklin lost.

I agree with you, I think Hughes should move up if he wins again.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The dream for GSP is for him and Loiseau to be champs at WW and MW. Loiseau has to get a shot at Silva or the next MW champ before GSP moves up, if he is at all interested, IMO.

But I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility if he loses to Hughes again, unless he sees big dollars in fights with Sanchez, Koscheck, Diaz, or possible rematches with Penn and Parisian.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
I think Hughes would be a good Middle Weight. The only think I would hate to see is him vacate his welterweight title and then get decimated in MW division and realise he f'ed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts