Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There was a bit more but it was removed by the user, ill update as soon as i can find it

·
Registered
407 Posts
he sounds like a munchkin...he has been sucking helium....:thumb02::thumb02::thumb02:

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
By talking about how he doesn't need to trash talk, GSP does exactly that.

Good interview, though. "It's like a byramid", awesome.

Love the UA with the GSP fleur-de-lis shaped logo.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
bet he feels like a fool for running from the whole anderson silva super fight now, punk

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I watched his training videos and you can tell why he's always in such great shape, nutritional habits. An almost self-made athlete working hard, making himself into an uber-athlete. He seems very orderly with his pyramid of training and whatever.

I liked him once, I lost a lot of respect for him since Serra, really all his fights since Koscheck I. I really hope Koscheck can neutralize the TDs and he fights like the GSP of 3 years ago, otherwise im behind Koscheck.

Im kind of neutral on this fight unless GSP goes in to fight and says, ok Kos let's trade, like old GSP.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Whats wrong with any of GSPs past performances? He beat the living shit out of everyone of those people, Do we really need to post pictures of Fitch's face again?

The problem is with his last fight against Hardy. GSP got too attached to trying to submit Hardy and that cost him a lot of heat. I have no problem with GSP taking a fighter down, as long as he is active in distibuting punishment and trying to finish a fight.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I watched his training videos and you can tell why he's always in such great shape, nutritional habits. An almost self-made athlete working hard, making himself into an uber-athlete. He seems very orderly with his pyramid of training and whatever.

I liked him once, I lost a lot of respect for him since Serra, really all his fights since Koscheck I. I really hope Koscheck can neutralize the TDs and he fights like the GSP of 3 years ago, otherwise im behind Koscheck.

Im kind of neutral on this fight unless GSP goes in to fight and says, ok Kos let's trade, like old GSP.

Very much feel the same way, those who love George take major exception with what Anderson did in Abu Dabi and have no regard for the crap he pulled against Hardy....I still love me some Georges, but at the same time I want the striker back....He sounds rutarded on the video....

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Well he achieved his goal of becoming the best pound for pound fighter in the world!:thumb02:
I wont ever consider him the best P4P fighter until he steps out of his comfort zone and fights at a different weightclass. All he's proved at the moment is he's the best WW.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
GSP's never been a striker. He's always used takedowns and Ground and Pound. Go watch his old fights. He fights the same basically, he's just a better version.

·
Banned
0 Posts
GSP's never been a striker. He's always used takedowns and Ground and Pound. Go watch his old fights. He fights the same basically, he's just a better version.

Your crazy, he used his Karate alot more in the past, his wrestling is what has developed over the yrs....are you even serious with that statement???? BJ Penn fights....nuff said...

·
Banned
439 Posts
Huh? All his fights pre-serra2 were won on the feet or at least had a big impact towards his victories.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I wont ever consider him the best P4P fighter until he steps out of his comfort zone and fights at a different weightclass. All he's proved at the moment is he's the best WW.
Thats exactly what P4P means though, it has nothign to do wtih fighting at other weight classes. Saying he is better than Anderson P4P means he is a better WW than Anderson is a MW.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I think ya'll need to rewatch his older fights(possibly me too). Yes, he stood up more than he does now but he's always used Ground and Pound. He beat BJ both times with takedowns. He set them up with his striking. The first BJ fight he did use his striking alot more but it was more about the takedowns that won him the fight IIRC. I'm not saying he's not a good striker at all. I'm just saying he never really was just a striker and used it to set up takedowns. You are correct that he did use Karate more in the past but he still wasn't considered a striker imo.
Your crazy, he used his Karate alot more in the past, his wrestling is what has developed over the yrs....are you even serious with that statement???? BJ Penn fights....nuff said...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thats exactly what P4P means though, it has nothign to do wtih fighting at other weight classes. Saying he is better than Anderson P4P means he is a better WW than Anderson is a MW.
Exactly, GSP is clearly the p4p king. Nobody else has completely cleaned out their weight class in dominant fashion like GSP has. GSP has dominated every opponent and is now fighting guys he's already beaten (Kos, Fitch) because he's already beaten every contender!
Silva on the other hand just came off a poor showing in which he was getting dominated, which came after another letdown against Maia in which he was hardly dominant.
When you think "Who can beat GSP at WW?" The answer is nobody ATM. But the same cant be said about Silva...THerefore GSP=p4p king.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Exactly, GSP is clearly the p4p king. Nobody else has completely cleaned out their weight class in dominant fashion like GSP has. GSP has dominated every opponent and is now fighting guys he's already beaten (Kos, Fitch) because he's already beaten every contender!
Silva on the other hand just came off a poor showing in which he was getting dominated, which came after another letdown against Maia in which he was hardly dominant.
When you think "Who can beat GSP at WW?" The answer is nobody ATM. But the same cant be said about Silva...THerefore GSP=p4p king.
Most of what i'm reading here isnt a valid argument for gsp's p4p status its more an indication of poor scouting by ufc, a lack of depth at WW.And a byproduct of the post serra GSP who lets face it isnt really lookin to fight/finish but more contain his opponents to a decision..

If you are so dominant you should finish all the time.He didnt finish kos, didnt finish alves, didnt finish fitch, didnt finish hardy, wouldnt have finished penn if (said fighter was a natural WW) The serra fight was some anti-climatic finish that didnt even seem convincing..I dont know how you can point to the maia fiasco but not the 'hardy' fight which was more damaging to GSP..Its clear y'all love GSP and will salivate at any opportunity to say hes p4p this & that but anderson has more dominate wins, finishes & has overcome adversity in that cage and is still the champ, if that isnt p4p best I dont know what is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts