Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In watching the GSP v. Hardy fight again, the kimura that he had on Hardy was one of the deepest I've seen in the sport. I personally believe that he had it in so tight that if he'd used his full strenght and momentum (as opposed to slowly cranking it and looking at the ref to stop the fight), that he could've jerked Hardys arm off and taken it home for a trophy, but he's a humane sportsman, imo, and took a one sided decision.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
He did crank it... He gave it a real good jerk but his body position wasn't ideal and Hardy refused to tap. GSP didn't have the strength/energy to keep cranking it so had to let it go.

Edit: And as mentioned above, this has been covered in depth in multiple threads already...

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Its old and... who really knows either way. Props to hardy for not tapping and if gsp had the finish and didnt.. well that speaks poorly of him.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Make no mistake, although he didn't tap, Hardy definitely wasn't throwing any great punches for a few weeks after that fight. To say GSP wasn't trying his hardest to mame him is a little silly now! Just in my opinion though!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
So from GSP's muscles being extremely taut and the grimacing expression on his face when he was cranking the shit out of Hardys shoulder.. you deduce he gave the guy a break and is the supreme sportsman?

Please. Hardy is just durable and as tough as a two dollar steak.

·
Registered
786 Posts
GSP was trying, he was staring at the ref and begging him to stop the fight so he could stop cranking lol. GSP cut 22lbs for the fight, I wonder if the cut is causing him to gas out faster than before, he's been more and more stiff looking lately.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
No. No. No.

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/74048-gsp-didnt-want-break-hardys-arm.html

I posted a post fight vid and 2 pics in there along with plenty ranting regards how ridiculous the idea that GSP let go is.

I really cant understand why people believe this... O yes I can... Hardy is british and therefore cant possibly have any skills of note. So, seeing as Hardy is sooo rubbish and has no ground skills whatsoever, well, that only leaves the logical conclusion that GSP felt bad for him and let go...

NOT!

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
GSP was cranking as hard as he could. One of the mistakes that he made was that Hardy's elbow was at too large of an angle. His elbow should have been bent 90 degrees but it was way over 90.

gsp is nice because after years of suppression the gays are finely allowed to be themselves and don't want to do harm to anyone wither it be verbally or physically because they too have felt the cold hands of injustice
What a great post. O wait no it wasn't, STFU.:sarcastic12:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
GSP takes a ton of crap for not finishing fights and you think he could have finished this one and chose not to? No. Way. GSP is a nice guy but if he had to choose between breaking Hardy's arm to get a finish or letting him go and winning a decision then Hardy would still be in a cast.

He didn't finish because he either wasn't doing it quite right, because Hardy is a tough dude or a combination of both.

gsp is nice because after years of suppression the gays are finely allowed to be themselves and don't want to do harm to anyone wither it be verbally or physically because they too have felt the cold hands of injustice
How is it you aren't banned for this crap yet?

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
GSP was executing a poor technical move, that´s why he wasn´t able to finish the fight, it has nothing to do it him being a nice guy...

here is a vid by the gracies with a good explanation on it...

p.s. - Are you going to open a thread on dead topics every time you see a old vid???
Please nooooooooo!

Reactions: TraMaI

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
In watching the GSP v. Hardy fight again, the kimura that he had on Hardy was one of the deepest I've seen in the sport. I personally believe that he had it in so tight that if he'd used his full strenght and momentum (as opposed to slowly cranking it and looking at the ref to stop the fight), that he could've jerked Hardys arm off and taken it home for a trophy, but he's a humane sportsman, imo, and took a one sided decision.
all i can say is...

Attachments

·
Banned
0 Posts

Wow, you know George St. Pierre?? I am still workin on knowing exactly what other people are thinking, how bout you try this on. he couldnt do anything to Hardy's arm, it looked horrible but some dudes can bend that way.

My issue with this post is GSP stating Hardy isnt a real Martial Artist.....really George??? Did you go to Northern China to train with the Monks, where if you recall correctly. Hardy stated that is where he was taught to seperate pain and block it out mentally........but Im sure that has nothing to do with him not tapping. Its cuz GSP with the reputation he has gained was looking to be nice and just get the decision.....:sarcastic12:

Like Hiro said....this has been exhausted....

WoW

·
"I
6,923 Posts
No. GSP used flawed technique on the armbar, allowing Dan to escape and he didn't move his body on the Kimura because he'd rather play it safe than take a risk and possibly finish the fight. I explained it in the official thread. The Gracie's explained it in a video after the fight. Countless members have agreed and said the same thing. It has nothing to do with being a sportsman and everything to do with being mortal and fighting safe.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Had nothing to do with being a good sportsman. GSP himself said he screwed up on the technique. Trust me. If he could have broken Hardy's arm, he would have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.