Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Here we go again. :sarcastic07:

This has been discussed over and over and over and over and . . . well you get the point. So for the sake of keeping your thread going I will give my worthless .02 again.

MMA is a sport. It is not a rehearsed fake fight. So, if you (and I don't specifically mean you) are looking for just entertainment value, go watch WWE. Our sport is full of real fighters, trying to WIN a fight. They are not there to entertain us. Now, most fans find enjoyment from watching a real fight. Most REAL fans understand that sometimes even the best fighters put on boring fights based on their opponents. GSP is one of the best P4P fighters in the world. He is also one of the smartest. He always has an excellent plan to win his fights. Now unfortunately for us, the rest of the division sucks at wrestling compared to him. So, what does he do? Does he use his wrestling to continue to dominate fights or does he jeapodize his odds by entertaining the CASUAL fan?

If it were me . . . I would keep winning fights.

Bottom line . . . until someone can stop GSP's takedowns, he will continue to win fights in this fashion. This does not make him boring. This makes him effective. To me, it is the rest of the divisions job to figure out how to stop GSP.

So, I end by asking you . . . why should GSP change his strategy if he is winning fights? Before you answer, remember that these are real fights and not scripted fights. Also, remember that the goal of these fights are to win . . . remember.
Holla Holla, +rep and seconded.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.